We're Gonna Wreck It!

A short blond-haired girl with large glasses deposited her last quarter into the slot of the arcade game. 

It had been a while since she had played Fix-it Felix Jr. and she was surprised to have unlocked a new bonus level, including Q-bert and some other retro video game characters whom had long since passed.

Before that, the game had glitched on her, leaving her to "fix" unbroken windows. Next thing she knew, the control stick went haywire, and the little pixilated Felix had climbed off the building on his own and rushed off screen.

After that, she had mixed feelings about the game. But it was late, and she had only one quarter left to spend, so she thought she'd make the most of it.

The theme song played through tinny speakers, as the pixelated bulldozers built the apartments. 

As they "rolled" away, little pixilated people marched inside the house and the theme song ended. The girl gripped the control stick, awaiting the first level.

The Ralph speech bubbled popped up, on cue: "I'm gonna wreck it!" 

But there was no Ralph!

"Oh, not again!" The girl muttered. Her eyes widened as a group of multicolored pixals marched onscreen to stand underneath the catchphrase.

She recognized the pink jumpsuit of Taffeta, the rainbow-afro of Snowbella, and the namesake candle cappie on Candlehead. 

The racers from Sugar Rush! But what were they doing in this game?

"We're gonna wreck it!" The racers chorused, their high-pitched voices sounding strange through the old speakers.

True to their word, the racers turned and started to punch holes in the windows, some throwing bricks from the dump offscreen. Pretty soon, the complex was a wreck.

The Nicelanders were shocked, but not stupid, and they quickly regained their wits and chanted: "Fix it, Felix!"

Promptly, the blue cap and shirt of the handyman appeared onscreen. His golden hammer winked with pixilated sparkles.

"I can fix it!" He chanted, confidently.

The racers paused and glanced at each other in a moment's hesitation, shrugged, and then resumed to climbing on the highest ledge, where Ralph was traditionally positioned.

The girl could have sworn she had heard the Felix character chuckle, but she shrugged it off and started the level. 

Felix hopped from window ledge to ledge fixing the broken windows, all the while dodging the bricks that were being chucked at him from above and the horizontal ducks that threatened to knock him towards his grave down below.

However, thanks to a few pies and invincibility power-ups, the building was eventually fixed.

The girl smiled, as she readied herself for the next level. Suddenly, the control stick jerked, and the Felix avatar went flying. He hit the ground, bounced back up and lay on his back, as a quick arcade version of the death march played.

The words GAME OVER flashed overhead in bright red letters.

"Ugh! Not again! And on a secret level too!" The girl sighed and fished around her pockets for another quarter. When she couldn't find one, she left.

Inside the game, Felix regenerated and hopped back up. The Sugar Rush racers climbed down from the building, all smiles.

"Well done, gang! I'd say that was the best wrecked building since that Q-bert group pitched in! Well done!" Felix chirped, placing his hammer onto his utility belt.

The racers, not sure what to make of the praise, settled for loud cheers and hugs.

Author's note: Hmm...wonder how Tamora would react to this. Think she'll let them shoot some cybugs?