Unexpected Dangers

"...I want everything to stay exactly like this, and never change," Steven said happily.

"Agreed," Pearl said.

"Hear, hear," Amethyst agreed.

"How's the future look, Garnet?" Steven asked. "Do we all stay just like this forever?"

Garnet smiled as she looked into the future. Suddenly, she frowned and sat up. "No!" she said, a hint of fear in her voice.

Before Steven or the others could ask what was going to happen, a harsh wind blew the flower out of his hand. The grass swayed as Amethyst's hair blew around. A second later, unnatural dark clouds filled the sky. Sitting upright, they all gaped at the sky, wondering what was with the sudden change in the weather.

The clouds cleared to make a hole in the sky, and the 'sky' that was shown was a light shade of pink and grey. In the centre of the hole was a huge metal circle, which looked like something could come out of it. As the metal thing rose down to Earth, it became clear that it was attached to something - a gigantic hourglass-shaped robot filled with glowing pink liquid that bubbled.

At the top of the robot, there was a huge gemstone the same colour as the liquid. It looked a bit like a cork as it stuck out of the top. The gemstone at the top looked like it had some carving into it. The Gems started in awed horror as it rose down, tilted, and pointed the end directly at Steven. The clouds that had been concealing it parted away and dissolved into nothing, revealing the pink and blue-faded sky.

Steven gasped. What is that? he thought to himself. Judging by how his friends' eyes widened, he guessed they were thinking the same. It sorta looks like one of the Diamond's planetary Injectors, he thought curiously. Steven sat dumbfounded on the ground as a shadowed person became visible at the top. It floated above him as the figure at the top began to speak.

"Hey!" yelled a high, girlish voice. "Are you Steven Universe?"

Why does she want to know? he wondered, not knowing if this was dangerous or not. "Um... yes?" he answered nervously.

The person - who Steven assumed was a Gem - smiled widely enough so he could see her perfectly even, white teeth from his position. "Perfect," she said, smiling wider still as she raised one hand. Her pinky finger coiled to form a horn shape, and predictably she blew into it.

The horn was loud enough to make residents of Beach City rush outside and scream after seeing the huge thing, either rushing back into their homes for safety or being frozen, gaping at the massive hourglass. When the sound had subsided, the hourglass's bottom opened up to reveal a huge, thick metal spike - a drill. Around the drill three legs sprouted, twisting outward from the base.

"Run!" Garnet yelled, dragging Amethyst with her (who was reluctant and wanted to stare at the hourglass longer). Pearl went to protect Steven, but he had already cleared the way only a second before the three huge legs lodged themselves in the mountain. A moment later, the drill stabbed the hill.

"Hey! Nice park job, dingus!" shouted Amethyst angrily.

The drill began visibly pumping out the pink liquid, leaving it bubbling through the glass. It gave a loud squelch and then was silent. The Gem who had been at the top stared in satisfaction at her drill, before leaping down into one of the legs that had embedded itself into the hill and landing with a thud.

When she landed, Steven first looked at her gemstone since her face was turned down. It was fuchsia-pink, which appeared to be her colour scheme along with dark red and shaped like an upside-down heart. From what he could see, her hair consisted of two spiky, dark-magenta pigtails, the same colour as the torso on her top. She had puffy sleeves and white stockings, and the outfit appeared to Steven sickeningly similar to his mother when she was still a Diamond.