𝙎 𝙉 𝙄 𝙏 𝘾 𝙃 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

a duet of laughter echoed down the hallways, and that's what woke elyria up. she fell asleep at her working station while her biology notes sprawled out incomplete before her. she rubbed her eyes, forgetting she had brushed mascara onto her lashes this morning and sighed when she felt the make up smear across her face and on the side of her index finger. glancing in a small mirror she kept of her desk, she fixed up her appearance by using her middle finger to wipe under her eyes and her other hand to run through her hair. she had to admit though, that that was a delicious nap she just woke up from so she didn't mind the way she looked — a lot stilled seemed foggy and distant as she was still waking up.

her legs were stiff and her arms had fallen asleep from resting her head on them for, she checked her phone, about an hour. yawning, she organized her notes weakly and promised to finish them after she went to eat dinner that jackson made a while ago. i felt proud that my brother, eighteen years later, finally knew better than to wake me up from sleeping. even if it was for food.

sluggishly i made my way out my room and entered the eating area, noticing my parents both feeding each other in the kitchen while my brother and his friend were swimming outside. the sun was down my now and our pool light died out years ago so i have no idea how those boys were swimming in that dark pool without a tinge of fear.

"honey you're awake!" my mother delighted, motioning i come and give her a hug. with a small grin i hugged her and my dad before the latter waved a spoon in front of my face and suggested i try this new recipe he followed. although it looked nasty, it sure did work wonderfully on my palette. so i scooped up a plate of it before my parents told me to call my brother and his friend in because they had news to break to us.

their expressions were filled with excitement when they mentioned the "news" so i hoped it was as good as they thought it was.

"jaier and co, please make your way into the dining hall! the king and queen await your arrival!" jackson groaned audibly when i summoned them with an obviously fake english accent. i had a habit of breaking out into random accents and although everyone i knew was accustomed to it, i was embarrassing him in front of his friend. "co has a name by the way!" said friend called after me as i walked back into the house. poor thing.

it would take a while for the boys to dry off and come inside so i plopped myself on the floor in front of the tv and watched kuwtk (keeping up with the kardashians). nodding when kim told k... that they couldn't have a "candy" themed party for stormi and not have candy. screw gluten and sugar free sweets man!

i was taken by surprise when jackson came waltzing in with a towel casually draped around him as he hurried down the hallway to him room. behind him was his naked friend, still covering himself up outside. my dad's food suddenly lodged itself in my throat and i began to cough which had the naked boy suddenly look at me while i looked at him, coughing my lungs out. my parents came rushing out of the kitchen to help me and my then the smug boy just strolled passed, sending a wink my way. what the fuck did just happened?

i put my plate in the microwave to heat it up, while we all sat around the table. the two — clothed — boys and i expectedly looked at the couple across the table who both giggled and clung to each other like teenage sweethearts. "the news?" i caught their attention and my dad chuckled. "right. so your mother and i," he glanced at the woman beside him and she grinned widely. they were both so giddy. "we're renewing our vows and going on honeymoon!" my mother burst with joy.

i glanced over at my brother to see how we should react as he asked, "when?"

"this weekend!" the older woman replied, her eyes formed into small slits in the biggest smile i've seen her wear. my father silently oscillated his sight from my brother and me to catch our reactions.

"how long?" i questioned, picking at my nails under the table. the last and only time my parents left jack and i alone, he threw the biggest house party (a/n: 😭the infamous party animal jackson wang😂🤡) and i totally snitched, which resulted in him being grounded for three months. it was torture for all of us though.

"just a week, don't worry. i'll be facetiming you every night to make sure you aren't messing up the house," cue both parents glancing at jackson. "and just checking in on you. if either of you miss one, your father and i will come home immediately."

jackson was glaring holes onto the side of my head, his snitching sister, but i just smirked.

the topic soon left the conversation when my brother flicked my arm and i hissed, holding the now sensitive flesh and glared at him. "what's wrong with you?" i sneered in a low volume and he dragged his chair closer so he could whisper, "if you let me have a party while they're gone, i'll completely forget about earlier."

for a moment i frowned, wondering what he was on about. "what? earlie- oohhh, oh my god. deal."

i hate him so much.

* ੈ ✧‧₊˚ * ੈ ✧‧₊˚** ੈ ✧‧₊˚*