⁰ ⁰ ⁵

@youngsunshine : hey, are you looking for a sub?

zen couldn't take her eyes off of the dm, re-articulating the words over and over again in her mind until i snatched my phone from her hand once my own head had wrapped around the message too.

nervously i finished my drink, cringing at the brain freeze that momentarily distracted my running thoughts. the longer i waited for zen to speak up, the further my stomach knotted into unidentifiable shapes and my breathing slowed.

"so..." she finally muttered out and raised her eyes up to meet yours. "i'm not the only one who needs a strap-on?" she smirked and my eyes widened in shock. of all the responses she could've formulated, this was what she opted for?

zen chuckled, waving her hand in dismissal as she said, "i don't care what your sexual preferences are. i, myself, am very kinky. i'm actually surprised we haven't spoken of this before, now to think of it. anyways, you know what this means?"

the mischievous look on her face didn't consolidate my worries. "what does this mean?"

"i'll have to tell you after school, since we need to head back now." we rushed back to the car after paying and rode back to the school premises. the car ride consisted of me trying to zoom through yellow lights so that zen could stop tormenting me about the messages — teasingly calling me mommy and mistress. it was weird to hear someone else call me that. i had thought of how the names would've made me felt but hearing it fall from someone else's lips was very different. it felt more powerful. more tangible than my scattered thoughts.

we climbed out the car, grabbing our bags and casually making our way towards the school buildings. "so what are you going to say to youngsunshine?" zen asked, looking at me with the same smugness she had since she saw that message.

"i'm going to tell him no, obviously." i said as i shouldered through the entrance that lead to the main hallway. a few people were walking to their lockers or even sitting by them as the spoke to their friends, which made me even more uncomfortable as zen continued to press me. what if someone heard her? "what!" she gasped. "why?"

"keep it down!" i urged her under my breath, looking at the people looking at us as we walked by them. "i don't want a sub. i don't even think i'm into all that stuff. and why is it considered kinky if a female is dominant but 'normal' when men are?"

"ooh we should definitely have that conservative later. but going back to the matter at hand, why dont you just try it out? then you can know for sure if you're into it or not? i won't hurt to try." she shrugged, pulling her lips into a little grin of encouragement and i sighed. "maybe you're right. i could just try it and see how it goes."

zen cheered, punching the air, making me shake my head and chuckle as we entered the classroom. i have one of the best friends in the world.