It's Complicated

Author : @Twinklingmeghs

Reviewer : sapphiresnow_

Book Name : It's Complicated.

Chapters : All chapters [9 + 1 (including prologue)]

➡ Cover ⬅

Frankly, I didn't liked the cover. It's not attractive at all. Just two pictures are merged together to make a cover. The quality of pictures are not good because of which the cover looks odd and little bit blurry. The fonts doesn't go well with the pictures.

I will suggest you to take any graphic designer help to make a good cover for your book.

➡ Title ⬅

Very very common title for such stories.
There would be thousand stories in general with such concepts. Although it's apt for your story. But it would more good if you had put more effort in choosing title.

➡ Blurb ⬅

Blurb is okay to me. A very detailed one which gives insight of story even doesn't revealed much about the story. Good attempt!

But there are lots of mistakes in blurb. The sentence formation is very poor.

'Five years later, when one sudden morning.. ' the line is very long and odd. It doesn't make sense to me. Even you wrote, 'He entered her life.. '. It should be, 'He entered into her life'.

The first line of second paragraph and last quote at the end of blurb is also very confusing because of missing words.

Need to edit the blurb.

➡ Plot ⬅

Sorry, I didn't liked the plot personally. Frankly, I doesn't support such romantic story. If a man left his pregnant wife because of his frustration or something else, then seriously he need a reality check. He can't waltz back into her life after whatever he did.

There must be some reason behind his actions. I know, readers know. But let's keep ourselves in those female lead's shoes then think. Can you forgive and accept such person? Perhaps,yes because we all want happy endings.

But I hate such male leads. So, for me, it's a no.

➡ Storyline ⬅

Well, if it's a just SwaSan story then I would have said it's pace is going smooth. But it's not just SwaSan story. Here they're parents of Siyali. Siyali plays an important role in the story. But her character is mostly use as background or use whenever it's needed.

So, sometimes I felt she needed more space in the story. Other than that I felt prologue is somewhat misleading , like friends doesn't sleep together. But they're not friends?

Though it's added little bit twist in story, but again it made me hate the lead.

The story pace is good and smooth in terms of SwaSan scenes. But somewhere in the past scenes the friendship and their bonding lacked.

It's like only Swara was putting effort in the relationship but Sanskaar... then Swara liked Sanskaar. It may be because she's a child when they becomes friends. So, her affection for Sanskaar came from there. But I liked present scenes of Swara and Sanskaar.

Coming to the characters, I seriously disliked Sanskaar character here. He's more shallow and selfish, he had cheated on her (which he mentioned himself) even if there's a reason also. It's doesn't justify his act. Specially when he slept with his wife.

Well, I know he was pressurized by his father to become friend with her and all. But he choose right moment to let out his frustration (evil writer's alert here) when she was pregnant. So, I can't like his character after whatever he done.

About Swara, her character is good but I didn't get any motherly feeling from her. It's also because there's less scenes of Swara and Siyali. Even though I liked Siyali character as a daughter, the way she care for her mother, her moments with Sanskaar also good. But here, Swara role as a mother totally blank.

So, for story progress I think you need to work Swara and Siyali more before jumping into Swara and Sanskaar. So, that future scenes made more scenes.

➡ Grammar ⬅

Well, there you need work a lot. The story is good but even the description is good. But at some places sentence formation is wrong. There are few grammatical mistakes. Even I noticed there are excessive use of words, when it's not needed.

Like, "She fixed every one's heart but her? The only heart she couldn't fix is hers."

Actually, it would more better if you wrote, "She was the one who fixes everyone's heart but only her heart was broken.... "

It's just a suggestion. Try to proofread before publishing the chapter.

Overall, my suggestion is that you should go through your story once. Since it's a old story, that's why so many plot holes and grammatical errors.

<< Payment >>

A permanent follow and genuine feedback on my book 'Tere Mere Daarmiyaan'.

I hope the review was helpful. Thank you for giving me the chance to review your book. 

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

Hopefully, the review was helpful  :)

Thank you for giving Blue Star Reviews and your reviewer, a chance.

Would love to see you again❤

~Team Blue Star Reviews
#starlights
≿————- ❈ ————-≾