Kabanata 5

"Good evening, Don Xerxes. He's been waiting for you to come and visit him."

I remained cold and emotionless habang naglalakad papunta sa opisina ni Don Alessandro Cali. I've just got back from Spain again because I brought my brother there to fulfill his duties as the next Duke of the House Ruegan. My mother got teary eyed again when I was about to leave but my father calmed her down that made me at ease. I don't want to see my mother crying or any woman that are important to me.

I knocked in his office door before entering. He was standing near the window of his room while gazing down at his land where his mansion is standing.

"Thanatos, you've grown up now, young man." He said before turning to where I am standing.

Magka-edad lang si Don Cali at ang ama ko pero pareho pa rin silang matitipuno. I want to be like them when I grow older.

"Don Alessandro, it's been years."

"Oh yes. Ngayon ka lang bumisita sakin." His cold eyes look at me thoroughly like reading me but I remained emotionless.

"I've been... very busy." The only thing that I could answer.

Naglakad siya palpit sakin hanggang sa naharapan ko na siya. Doon ko lang nakita na may. Holster siyang suot na may lamang baril. I remembered my father telling me that Don Cali always has a gun in his body kahit saan man siya mag punta or even inside his house with his wife and children. Nakasanayan niya na siguro dahil na rin sa larangan ng trabaho namin. And of course, he's a very dangerous man that I would never want to fight that's why our families are allies for decades now.

"Busy with your marriage, I supposed?" I can hear the hint of mischievousness in his tone while he said those words.

"I was. But now my wife is dead." I answered coldly as I roamed around his office. Ramdam ko ang titig niya sa likod ko. Alam kong binabasa niya ang emosyon ko. Alam niya kung paano magmanipula ng tao.

He chuckled with my answer but I didn't falter from that. He's playing with me, he wants to see if I'm like my father who was ruthless and unkind.

"Is she?"

I stopped walking when he asked that and faced him with my still blank face. "Yes, she is dead already. Isang taon na."

He smirked that made my forehead crease.

"Interesting... It's so strange that your father almost sacrificed his life for the sake of your mother but then here you are who just let your wife die. Interesting, boy..."

Kumuyom ang kamao ko. Fuck I didn't know that Don Alessandro Cali is this annoying for an old man.

"What are you implying, Don Cali?"

He just smirked again before clasping his hands together that made a sound.

"Nothing, boy. I'm just wondering if you really loved your wife."

"Of course I love her. More than anything in this world." My jaw clenched.

His looked at me again with those eyes, like reading me.

"Really interesting."

He was about to continue when a knock stopped him from talking. Then the door opened revealing his right hand man who's gasping for air as he tried to remain his composure.

"Signore, your daughter..."

Nakita ko ang pagpapakawala ng buntong-hininga ng Don noong sabihin iyon ng ka yang tauhan.

"Tumakas na naman?"

"Yes, signore."

"Hayaan mo na lang muna siya. She'll return later. Bantayan niyo lang sa malayo. You are dismissed."

Umalis na ito at kami na lang ulit ang natira sa loob. Naglakad ang kapwa kong Don papunta sa swivel chair niya at umupo room na parang problemado.

"You came here for something right?"

"Yes." I simply answered.

"Before you say what you want, do me a favor, Thanatos."

Kumunot uli and noo ko habang nakatingin sa Don na ngayon ay seryoso na.

"What is it?"

"I need someone from you men to guard my daughter."

"You have your men to do that."

"That's the problem." He sighed frustratingly. "My youngest daughter is a brat and she doesn't want any of my men to guard her. Alam niya na delikado but she insist that she doesn't need any help from me o kahit bantay lang."

"Your point here is?"

"Kreston Geralt Dornon."

A smirk slowly form in my lips. I know where this is going.

"He's not here in the country, right now."

"My daughter likes him. She likes the man whom you call Geralt in your mafia. Hindi ko pa alam kung paano niya nakilala ang tauhan mo but she keeps on blubbering him whenever she got the chance. Alam ko rin na wala siya dito ngayon because you gave him a mission, right?"

I remained silent and just let him talk. He knows my men that surprised me. The Seven's identity are hidden but still, he discovered Geralt's identity.

"You sent him to guard your dead wife's sister. But I want him to return. I want him to guard my daughter and then you can tell me whatever you want me to do."

"I cannot do that."

He's not surprised so inaasahan niya na na iyon ang isasagot ko.

"I sent him for that mission for the safety of my wife's sister. I can't just do what you requested."

"Then I'll send my daughter from where he is staying right now. I'm pretty sure that Ms. Dornon or should I say Ms. Elizalde is not a dangerous lady. I'm sure that they will be good friends."

I closed my eyes and massaged the bridge of my nose. Fuck this. Kung hindi ko lang kailangan ng tulong ngayon. Tangina.

"Fine. I'll tell him later about his new mission. Just make sure that nobody will know their location after your daughter goes with them."

"Of course, Thanatos. You have my word. Now you can finally tell me the reason why you came here." He tapped his fingers in the desk while I stood in front of him, thinking.

"There will be a meeting between the NBI and an enemy who's going to sell our information and the other mafias."

"Hmm... And?"

"I want you to help me find the person behind and kill everyone who's with him. But leave the boss to me." I will be the fucking one who will kill that son of a bitch.

"Well, well. That's easy. When will this meeting occur?"

I grinned evily. "Tomorrow."

STONE MIKAELSON