Chapter 2

I woke up to the banging on my door. Groaning i peeled my eyes open and looked around.

Who might that be?

I rolled over and turned on my lamp and looked at the time. 2am. With much effort i got off the bed and started dragging my feet to the door. I was ready to yell at who ever woke me up. when i swung my door open, all my words died down. It was my oh so lovely mother- note the sarcasm.

I yawned pretty un-lady like in her face. She gave me a disgusted look. "Morning mom. What brings you here at my door to start with. I mean, you're never home let alone be banging on my door at 2am in the morning." I calmly asked her.

She did a lady way of snorting. "I- no we, need to discus something with you Alice. And to why this early, its because we do not have much time in the morning to discus. Your father and I will be leaving again tomorrow." Not that i care. "And this can not be avoided any longer." She said in a posh way with her chin held high.

She gave me a once over, and i swear i saw a tint of pride in her eyes, but whatever. Then she turned around and strutted away. Alright then. I followed her down the hallway, down the stairs and into the living room, where my father and Alex sat waiting. Poor Alex, he looked like he was ready to pass out any moment.

We sat on the couch an...just sat. My dad looked at me and gave me a sorrowful smile. I dont get it. This is rare for them to wake us up in the morning and tell us news. Normally they just write it and put it in the kitchen, where they know it would be found. I let out a heavy sigh.

"Well!!" My mom started, finally breaking the silence. "I see you're wearing the clothes i bought you!" She smiled at me. I snorted and rolled my eyes.

"Cut the crap mom. What do you want? I have school in a few hours if you haven't noticed." I told her. Her smile faded immediately. HAH!

"Well. Seeing as we raised you well, not to beat around the boosh." I rolled my eyes. "So wont we. You've been out for 1 month now and attending school 1 week. It is safe to say that you are getting married in 3 days." My mom calmly told me as if she didn't just smacked me.

"WHAT?!" Me and Alex yelled in unison. "ARE YOU INSANE?! I CAN'T GET MARRIED!! IM 19 FOR CHRIST SAKE!!" I yelled out. "Dad?" I looked over at my dad. Pleading with my eyes. I wanted to hear that my mom just had a little too much of wine on her flight here and that she was joking.

My dad just averted his eyes. That crushed me. "Mom! I can't do it!! I won't!!" I seethed at her. She just rolled her eyes at me.

"Look. Your dad and I are not going well with the family business. We can't afford for our family to get humiliated publicly, so your dad and I have talked to a old friend." Mom started. " we asked him to help us. That we'd do anything he wanted. And luckily his oldest son was there. He proposed marriage. Simple as that." My mom shrugged.

"What about her feelings mom?!" Alex yelled. "You can't be serious you crazy BÏTCH! I should've taken her since she came out of that shitty place!" Alex yelled.

I just sat there. My parents would prefer money over their own kids. That's just wonderful.

"Who exactly am i to marry?" I finally asked.

My mom looked at me and smiled. She actually had the guts to smile! "Nathan James." My mom smiled proudly.

I choked on my spit. James. James. As in William James? I found out allot more about Will this week. His brother, Nathan, owns a multi billionaire business. He's like the city's richest bachelor. Not for long i guess.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and blinked away the tears. "For how long have you known this?" I whispered. I can't believe it. I am to marry someone i don't personally know. That's just sick.