In Our Bed (Roy Orbison)

It was late in the night and I was awake. On my back I lay when I should be asleep. I was having a problem tonight.

Roy turned over in our bed. He was somewhat awake.

"Roy?" I said.

"Yeah baby?" Roy asked.

A candy-colored clown they call the sandman

Tiptoes to my room every night

Just to sprinkle stardust and to whisper

"Go to sleep. Everything is all right."

"Can you hold me?" I asked sadly.

"Yeah." Roy said.

He didn't even notice anything because he was in a sleep daze. Poor baby. I absolutely adored him.

I close my eyes, Then I drift away

Into the magic night. I softly say

A silent prayer like dreamers do.

Then I fall asleep to dream My dreams of you.

Roy put his arm around me and went back to sleep. I never moved my body from then on because I didn't want to disturb his sleep.

So, the celling became my friend. I stared at the celling until my eyes got heavy. Roy's arm brought me the comfort I had needed in a night like this.

In dreams I walk with you. In dreams I talk to you.

In dreams you're mine. All of the time we're together

In dreams, In dreams.

Roy was so kind to comfort me during the night even if he wasn't awake. He was helping me out a lot and he didn't even know.

I wonder what he dreams about? I sure had a lot on my mind. I don't even know why I did.

But just before the dawn, I awake and find you gone.

I can't help it, I can't help it, if I cry.

I remember that you said goodbye.

I didn't want it to be morning. It means disturbing the peace. Roy was my very loving husband.

Morning would have to come though. The moon would go away and the sun would come out. I'll have to enjoy the night while I can.

It's too bad that all these things, Can only happen in my dreams

Only in dreams In beautiful dreams.

After all, we have each other every night. That is the most wonderful thing.