No u (Solangelo)

(A/n i want my next oneshot to be kotlc so please gimme some kotlc ships and prompts to go off of. Kam perhaps idk you tell me :) )

Will's POV

I reach into my pocket feeling the black velvet box hidden in the large pockets of my camp hoodie. It was the annual halfblood reunion where some of the old campers come and stay for a week and to meet their new siblings.

Nico just turned 20 and I'm about 2 years older, we've been dating for 5 years now and I'm ready to ask him to marry me. All of the retired halfbloods sat at the quote on quote Boomer table to eat dinner. 

I was twiddling my thumbs in my pocket repeatedly opening and closing the box, the band of the ring was made of tungsten and it had a small round yellow jasper stone set into the center. Nico was slowly picking at his food next to me and I wrapped my right arm snugly around his waist resting it on his hip.

"Dude I bet you her name was Karen." Percy laughed describing the middle-aged lady he and Jason saw at the mall to Leo. they sat across the table with Jason oblivious to what I was about to do. 

"It totally was! She even had that hair cut" Jason added to the conversation. 

Dinner would be over in ten minutes and I decided that it was time. I pull my arm away from Nico and slide down on one knee the people who saw soon became quiet bringing more attention to us. I look up at Nicos shocked face "Nico di Angelo will you marry me" I spoke. Now all eyes were on Nico looking for an answer.

"What? No!" he yelled and started fumbling in his pockets pulling out a similar box to mine. In The box sat a ring with a simple yellow gold band and a small tear dropped shaped black diamond set in the middle "Will you marry me?" he asked me also getting down on one knee.

"No will youuu marry me," I said emphasizing 'you'.

"No Will, you are going to marry me" Nico returned waiving the ring in front of me.

"Oh my gods somebody just take the damn ring" Valdez intervened making Nico glare at him.

"No Valdez I will not just take the damn ring because Will is going to marry me and that's final." Nico grabs my hand and slips the ring on my finger "and now that you've married me" he takes the ring I bought him out of the box putting it on his finger.

I pull him into a quick kiss hearing 'congratulations' and 'I'm happy for you' every once in a while.