Chapter 3

Note: This is just to inform you that from now on the story will be in first person. Enjoy reading!!!

***********************************************************************************************

I wake up hurriedly at the sudden knock on the door. Well it seems that I was so exhausted that I slept before changing. I get up and open the door, it was Tessa and Sophie. I was so exhausted before that I hadn't even noticed the scar on Sophie's face, I tried to suppress showing my reaction and it seemed that I did a well enough job. "Kat we were going to the dinner, I thought maybe if you were fine you would come with us" said Tessa in a concerned voice. "Sister you worry to much, I just need to change then I will join you". I quickly took the clothes that Sophie handed  and closed the door. They were well enough clothes leather pants and black shirt with a black leather jacket. I put them on quickly and didn't bother to tie my hair. I was so tired of tying them everyday for the dark sisters.

Tessa and I went towards the dining hall with Sophie. I noticed Tessa's discomfort so before she could enter the hall I caught Tessa's hand and whispered " Tessa we can trust them don't worry, this is the safest place for us right now." and then I grinned and said " Anyways  you look good in a dress" to lighten the mood. Tessa smiled slightly at you but her look soon turned into worry. "Kat you fainted today...it happened after a long time, are you sure you are fine? " "Yes Tess perfectly, lets go inside wouldn't want to keep them waiting." It was true I felt fine after sleeping for some time...and I would be fine unless I lost control of my emotions again, which was practically impossible, what had happened earlier was too intense even for me. I was  trying not to think about the dark sisters or my parents but it seems that the dark sisters taught me well.

When we entered the hall though the entire long dining table was draped with white linen, only one end was set, with places for five people. Only two people were already sitting—Will and a fair-haired girl about our age in a shimmering low-necked gown. They appeared to be studiously ignoring each other. Charlotte came behind us. Will looked up in

apparent relief when we came in. "Will," Charlotte said. "You remember Gray sisters?"

"My recollection of them," said Will, "is most vivid indeed." He grinned at me and then Tessa, who flushed and looked quickly away. I was not surprised to see Tessa affected by him...I was too just but I knew better  than not hide my emotions. So I on the other hand stared at him then couldn't help rolling my eyes.

"And Jessamine—Jessie, do look up. Jessie, this is Miss Theresa Gray and Katherine Gray; this is Miss Jessamine Lovelace."

"So pleased to make your acquaintance," Jessamine murmured. Tessa couldn't help staring at her. She was almost ridiculously pretty, she looked like one of the girls from novels who would have been called an English rose—all silvery fair hair, soft brown eyes, and creamy complexion. She wore a very bright blue dress, and rings on almost every one of her fingers. If she had the same black skin markings that Will and Charlotte did, they weren't visible.

Will cast Jessamine a look of plain loathing, and turned to Charlotte. "Where's your benighted husband, then?"

Charlotte, taking a seat, gestured for us to sit opposite to her. I was sitting beside Will. "Henry is in his workroom. I've sent Thomas to fetch him. He'll be up in a moment."

"And Jem?"

Charlotte's look was warning, but "Jem is unwell" was all she said. "He's having one of his days."

"He's always having one of his days." Jessamine sounded disgusted. I assumed the silver hair boy who had introduced himself as James was Jem. I was about to inquire about Jem's health, when Sophie entered, followed by a plump woman of middle age whose gray hair was escaping from a bun at the back of her head. The two of them began to serve food from the sideboard. There was roast pork, potatoes, savory soup, and fluffy dinner rolls with creamy yellow butter. I was so hungry that I started eating almost immediately. " Wow, the food is awesome."