1. GODS

~ KENMA ~

~ KENMA ~

"Die, you stupid bot!"

I rounded the corner, after gunning down an enemy. A red dot appeared on my radar. They're close. I need to get to the bomb, quick!

Annoyingly, I felt bullets hit me from behind. Camper! I spun around, and hit the headshot. "That'll teach you not to camp in obvious places, noob."

I kept running towards the bomb site. I'm guessing it's at B. No one ever plants at A.

As expected, the remaining three terrorists were there, guarding the bomb. Making sure to stay out of their fields of vision, I carefully approached from the side. I'll take down the guy to the right first, then circle around to the other two. I centred my crosshairs at the first guy and fired. But instead of bullets, I heard the all-too-familiar clicking sound. My heart dropped.

Shit, I'm out of ammo.

The terrorists spun at me, as I had undoubtedly just revealed my location. All three of them started to shoot at me. Mildly panicking, I ran for cover, taking more and more damage from the hit fire, while fumbling to reload. Why must I be so dumb?

Out of nowhere, a loud gunshot sounded and one of the terrorists dropped dead. I smiled knowingly. WhiteFire13. About time. My teammate ran out from behind me, and with a sniper rifle, he quick-scoped another enemy, and jumped down onto the platform. Before the last guy could even react, he was finished off with a brilliant no-scope.

Incredible...

WhiteFire13: Sorry I came late. I was scouting out A.

applep1e: Nah, all good bro. Nice no-scope.

WhiteFire13: Thanks. Do you mind defusing?

Oh, right! Damn, I almost forgot.

applep1e: Yeah, of course.

I quickly defused the bomb and ended the game. Thank god he came. If WhiteFire13 had arrived a second later, I would've been dead. And I really couldn't afford to die again in a ranked match. My stats have suffered enough. For some reason, my performance tonight was really trash. I was finding it hard to concentrate. I'm guessing it was because of the extra volleyball practice. It must've really drained me. I always knew working with Lev would have a negative impact on my IQ. I could literally feel my brain cells dying when I'm around him.

WhiteFire13: Hey, you wanna go again?

I glanced at the time. 2:14 am. I guess I could stay for another match. I really liked playing with WhiteFire13. Aside from being a really dependable teammate, he was just nice to talk to. Sometimes I felt like he was the only person who really understood me.

WhiteFire13: Buddy, you still there?

applep1e: Oh, yeah sure, I'm in.

WhiteFire13: Great :) We'll start in 5 minutes. I need a break.

applep1e: Haha, of course you do. Being team carry must be exhausting.

WhiteFire13: Nah, man. It's all you. You're a legend with the AK.

applep1e: Really? That means a lot, coming from the snipe god himself.

WhiteFire13: Haha, that makes us invincible.

applep1e: I know right :)

WhiteFire13: This is probably gonna be my last game tonight. You know, with school tomorrow :(

applep1e: I hate school. It gives me anxiety.

WhiteFire13: Same. I just wanna turn invisible.

applep1e: I get you bro. I wish life was like gaming.

WhiteFire13: Haha, then we'd be gods.

applep1e: Yeah, man.

WhiteFire13: Alright Applepie, here we go. Last match before we go to sleep, and prepare to face hell.

applep1e: You mean school?

WhiteFire13: No, I meant what I said.

I laughed silently to myself. This guy... absolute legend.

If only we can meet in real life.

~~~~

Hi guys! Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Just clarifying some things:
Radar = the little map in the corner that shows the location of your team and sometimes your enemies, when they come into contact.
Camper = someone who hides in one spot and shoots at people running past.
Quick-scope = sniping someone close up, by scoping in quickly.
No-scope = sniping someone without scoping in.

If you like this story, please hit a vote and recommend! Also, I'm open any feedback and suggestions :)

~ krypto