Buck

I'm glad to see that you've reconsidered my offer. You won't regret this, just follow my advice and I will get you what you want and deserve. 

Those words kept playing on an endless loop in my head as I walked up the front door to Bobby and Athena's house. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. There was a moment of silence before the front door was opened to reveal the married couple who had become like second parents to me. 

"Buck," Athena said.

"Hi Athena," I said giving her a quick smile trying to keep my composure, "Bobby."

"Buck," Bobby said, "We weren't expecting you, but I'm glad you stopped by. I wanted to talk to you about last night. Please, just come inside and have a seat."

"Um, I actually can't do that Bobby," I said taking a deep breath in.

"Why's that," Athena asked. This was it. This was the moment where there'd be no turning back once the next words out of my mouth were spoken. 

"Actually, this will be the last time we can talk for a while," I said as I handed them the envelope I had been holding behind my back, "I told you I wouldn't stop fighting until I got my job back, and I won't — even if it means fighting you. That's why I'm filing a lawsuit against the city, the department, and you for wrongful termination. You've been served." I turned around and left despite their desperate attempts to call my name to get my attention. I couldn't bear to look at them. It hurt me just to tell them. I love them. They're my family, but I want my job back. No, I deserve my job back. They have to understand that I'm just doing this to get my job back, that's all I want. They'll forgive me, eventually. Hopefully. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it's a short chapter, but it's just to help keep the story somewhat in line with the timeline of the show. I will begin working on the next chapter today, and I hope to make it a little bit longer. As always, I love you all. Be safe. Like, Comment, and Share.