Talk

Dahyun felt skepticism taking over her small petite form as she walks away slowly from the exam hall

Raising a question to herself if she did her best or not.  The chatter of students fills her ears that make her almost forgot what she was thinking, she tried to ignore her surroundings by focusing mainly on her breathing, inflates deeply and expires sharply.

She quickens her velocity, the only thing running in her head is going home.

Exciting the school, a scent of petrichor flooded her smelling sense. How she hates this smell so much and the validity that it's going to rain not so long from now is giving her a severe headache.

Speculating the nearest convenience store, she runs as fast as she could. She does not want her bag to get wet especially her valuables.

The soft sound of the pitter-patter of the precipitation indicating that it's already raining made Dahyun run even faster cursing on herself because of her pair of short limbs.

"How convenient, "

Her branches felt noodle-like, she's never that athletic girl her proportions are not helping either.

She breathes a sense of relief when she saw the outline of the convenience store.  Accidentally stepping on a not so deep puddle of rainwater making her white sneakers wet.

Few more steps and she'll be in a shed, as she reaches the store a slight cold air from her above blew making her slightly shiver considering that her clothes are a little bit wet by the rain.

Shrugging the coldness she feels, she steps her pair of shaky legs until she reaches the aisles. There sat two transparent umbrellas, smiling to herself she walks towards it at an unhurried speed.

She grabs the umbrella and makes her way to the counter to compensate for the very useful object.

When she arrived at the end of the line, she felt a very familiar faint scent of fruity fragrance behind her, she shrugged.

It can't be,

She shrugged, not at any given moment she can meet her, it's too cliche to always be tied up in the same path with someone you like. Not in this world at least.

There's one woman left before her, she chewed the inside of her cheek. How nice to actually be able to roll in your bed now. The stress was already done, the finals are done and the only thing giving her uncertainty is,  if she passed or not.

Well, Dahyun's willpower is not that strong, and she often found herself wishing to undone everything she commits. But nonetheless, a few hot chocolates and some cookies wouldn't hurt.

A tight smile managed to emerge on her blank face in a split second before returning it to its original expression.

It's now her turn to pay the umbrella and the rain came to be much worse. Well, she now has an umbrella, so it will not affect her much. She gave the cashier the right amount of currency, and proceed to leave the convenience store.

She looks behind her out of curiosity, desiring to know who possesses the very familiar scent.

-

Sana smiles, as she slurps on her noodle, it has been a long day for her. Having two meetings, and a lot of papers to sign. How she loves the feeling of being a normal girl who doesn't have many commitments in life.

She stops slurping when the faint sound of the pitter-patter of the rain occurs so unexpectedly.

"Hmph, " she grimaces because she needs to buy an umbrella that probably she'll never use again. But she's lucky enough that it started raining when she's in a shed.

Finishing her instant noodle, she made her way towards the aisles.

"I know I saw two umbrellas here.." She whispers, scrunching her nose. She walks a little bit more and saw a transparent umbrella. She grabs it and made her way to the cashier, clutching her wallet on her pocket she makes her way to the end of the line.

There stand after her a not so tall girl who has black shiny hair and a white porcelain fair skin dressed in baggy clothes.

Her heart starts pulsating because of some unrevealed reason. She can't be wrong,

Her gaze is focused on her back, she doesn't know what to do. What if the girl in front of her is not her? And what if she is?

As she's about to tap her shoulder, the girl takes a step forward making for her to impossibly touching the girl without taking another step.

She bites her lip, the sensation of pain became so dull that she can't even feel it.

Mina's words replaying on her head.

"If you're unsure you need to settle everything by actually talking to her, "

"Right, " mumbling under her breath, she watches the girl in front of her pay the umbrella she's holding and leave at a sluggish speed. Then the girl stops,  looking at her back she saw her, Sana's eyes widen and so did Dahyun's.

Sana hurriedly places the umbrella on the counter giving the cashier a currency that is more than enough for the actual umbrella.

She didn't care, she needs to settle things. She needs to explore her feelings, she needs to break the wall of confusion that is making her suffer day by day.

The cashier was about to give Sana her change but she grabbed the umbrella and proceeds her way to Dahyun. The cashier gave Sana a confused look but didn't care much.

As for Dahyun's state, she can't move. Her whole body seems to be paralyzed by some sort of unseen enchantment.

Dahyun watches Sana walks towards her.

And then, reality kicks in.

Ms. Minatozaki, the girl she likes standing in front of her looking at her like a lion looking at its prey.

"Ms. Mi-Minato-" Sana cuts Dahyun, immediately. Wanting formality to leave the room where they're standing.

"It's Sana, "

"Can we talk?"

-

if u end up liking this chapter, please leave a vote (◕ᴗ◕✿) it's really flattering  ⁄(⁄ ⁄•⁄-⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄. Thank you so muchz ಥ‿ಥ.