The Double-Cross

Mr. Suthiluck came into the conference room, walked up to the podium very briskly, cleared his throat and then continued,

" Arthit proposed that he will lead Team Alpha a few days in the hospital. Am i right?"

Arthit nodded his head. A suffocating silence fell on the room and the tension arose. In the whole of the conference room, only Mr. Suthiluck, him and Kongpob were present. And Kongpob in spite of so many empty seats. chose to sit just beside him. Mr. Suthiluck continued,

"Kongpob opposed to the proposition and wanted to lead Team Alpha." 

Kong nodded his head too and then crossed one leg over another, propped his chin on his hand. Arthit who was very tensed immediately flinched at the sudden action. Kong turned sideways and gave Arthit a glance. At that moment, Arthit thought Kong looked so sexy. Kongpob saw Arthit flushed red and let out a chuckle. Mr. Suthiluck cleared his throat again and began,

" So you will compete against each other. The one who brings back the most valuable information from the delivery woman's mentioned location gets the final say. "

"What?! Why do we need to compete against each other?!" Kong countered.

" You have any better idea? " Mr. Suthiluck said.

Kong paused for a moment, thinking. He wanted to lead Team Alpha so that Arthit didn't have to be the bait or in danger's way. However, Arthit seemed hell bent on leading Team Alpha. But Kong just couldn't let his crush in harm's way. He had to do something. Anything. To save Arthit. Even if it meant sacrificing himself.

"Time's up. Case closed Kongpob. You couldn't come up with another solution so I will solve the problem in my way and I don't see Arthit objecting. " Mr. Suthiluck spoke up, breaking Kong's chain of thoughts.

"But---"

"Don't waste my time. Time's money. "

Saying so, Mr. Suthiluck walked out as briskly as he came in. 

" Sexy ?! Sexy ?! What's wrong with you Arthit ?! " Arthit was broken out of his thoughts when the conference door closed. Looking around he saw a fuming Kong sitting beside him, staring right at him.

" Huh? What happened right now? Wasn't paying attention. Shit! Better get out before the bomb of anger explodes." Thinking so Arthit got up to leave. However, he was suddenly shoved down in the chair by an angry Kong who hovered above him. 

" Listen

" Listen. Pull. Out. Of. The. Competition. " Kong spoke uttering every syllable through his gritted teeth. Being pushed down was not something Arthit was used to. It made Arthit look very vulnerable and he hated that. 

" Why? You scared of me ?" Arthit spoke, smirking.

" No. I just think that's the best thing for you. " Kong put his both hands on the sides of Arthit and looked down at him, straight in the eyes. 

Arthit looked at that perfect nose, the wet damp hair, the beautiful eyelashes and the curve of those lips. Kong was too close, so close that Arthit's breath caught in his throat. Those chocolate irises held Arthit firmly in his place , locked their gazes, they were gentle but commanding .

" Sorry Dad. I'm an adult now. "  Recovering from the intimidation, Arthit sarcastically said, before pushing Kong off him. 

" Fuck! He looks more handsome when close. " Blushing Arthit walked out of the room cursing his thoughts. 

Kongpob with Tew and Wad, reached Dinner Drunk on 15th Street, at 9:00 pm on Friday. The whole of 15th Street was a red light area, had dingy bars, hook clubs, counterfeit currency corners, illegal arms and what not. Equally shady people roamed the street but Kong had a clear plan and nobody could meddle in it. Afterall, everybody on this street could be here because of the protection the Sotus Mafia provides it from the Government. Kong had planted audio devices in the whole of the bar, Dinner Drunk. They could buy the whole of the bar and plant their men in them. But then the people who were supposed to meet, might get wary and when the prey gets scared , no kills can be made. The trap was set, three of were armed in case the prey tried to escape, all that's left was the prey to walk through that door into the trap. And the prey did walk in. They came in at 9:30 pm sharp, sat,  ordered some drinks. Five men, strong built, could be trained in more than one martial art and heavily armed. Kong cursed himself, realizing that he might have walked into the trap of the enemy. By the way they were armed, most probably they knew they were being tracked. However, taking them on was a piece of cake for Wad but the fact remained how to extract information from them without killing them. Because, once the gun fight starts, it only stops when either of the party is dead. 

"But where's Arthit and his team?" As Kong was pondering on this, suddenly metallica began to play on the speaker. 

" Now would be the time, the opponent will want to fire, taking advantage of the situation. "  Tew thought. Right on Tew intuition, five of the men pulled out AK-47 and began shooting. 

"So, they didn't know who was tailing them but planned to fire the whole bar down."  Tew deduced. 

Wad toppled the table and three slipped behind them. All around there was sound of shattering glass, screams, shouts, thuds of bodies hitting the ground and the stench of fresh blood. 

" Do I attack? " Wad asked Kongpob. Kongpob was pondering on how many lives would have to pay for the incompetent plan of his, his carelessness. This mission didn't need strength but also brains. The metallica blared through the speakers, deafening him. For the first time a plan of Kong's had failed. He was left speechless. He didn't know what he could do. He wasn't sure of himself anymore. Tew and Wad looked at Kongpob and saw his total blank expression for the first time. They were taken aback, completely. In all the past missions, Kong lead them. Kong left them with no privilege of doubt. But to see that Kongpob so surprised shocked them.

 All of a sudden the sounds stopped. All of the sounds stopped, the chaos was replaced by a silence. The deadly silence was only broken when a glass shattered on hitting the ground. It woke up Tew from the trance. 

"What happened ?" Tew thought. 

Peeking from behind the table, Tew saw something, something that made him not believe his eyes. That made him question reality.

" What the hell is going on here? "

Dear readers,

How's the chapter? :3

Stay safe. Stay well!