Ch 4: Family Bonding

~~~ Peter's POV ~~~
I look at Steve or Grandpa. It's weird to learn, that your grandpa is Captain America and your grandma is Peggy Carter. This is just mind blowing crazy.
"Grandpa?" I say nervously, he looks up, "Peter, if it makes you uncomfortable calling me Grandpa, you can call me what you would like just no stupid nicknames like Tony gives me which are horrendously annoying." "It's weird, you're like 100 years old and you look 20 but some how you're still my grandpa." he says "It's not what it used to be back in my day." I nod, it's weird.
I sit down in on my favorite stool by the counter, he looks up from what he's doing to look at me "Um, Peter?" "Yeah, Granddad?" "Could we maybe talk about Autism?" "Yeah, what do you want to know?"
He swallows hard, "I found out yesterday morning, I have as well. Then I learned you're my grandson." I nod, "Granddad, it's cool. Just means we don't fit in. We're cool misfits of society. It's nice to make a friend who's accepting of having a friend with Autism." he nods, we talk for awhile. I help him make enchiladas when the elevator door opens.
"May?" "Hi honey, Tony asked me to come up for the weekend. You must be Peter's Granddad?" Steve nods, shyly.
May says "I was married into the family, Steve." Steve nods, "Gosh, this is the gonna be a fun get to know what's left of my family bonding." I nod, "Granddad, can I taste some of the enchilada mix?" "One spoonful of it, son, that's it. Understood?" I roll my eyes and he hugs me, "I love you, Granddad." "I love you too, grandkiddo."
May takes a picture and prints out, "FAMILY SCRAPBOOKING TIME!!" she says jumping up and down but not on the sofa. May says "Well, Steve, you can come to our place in Queens when you get bored of the compound." Granddad nods, but says "I'll think about it. This might sound a little crazy, but I could find us a three bedroom apartment in Queens. That way we all can hang out, I don't know if." May says "I work shifts at the local hospital and Peter, what do you think?" "If it means I get to spend more time with Granddad, ok!!!" May points a finger at Steve, "I'll also being paying for some of the rent." I look at Granddad, "Don't argue, you won't get anywhere with her.