Ch 2: Diagnosis

Steve awoke the next morning, everyone was calm, Bruce saw Steve and smiled warmly at him. Steve walked across to the island, he felt all eyes on him. He felt like he was going nuts, but in all reality, the Captain had High Functioning Autism and it went undiagnosed for many years.
Bruce says "Morning, Steve, how do you feel?" "Ok, can I talk to you in private?"  "Sure, are you ok, if I invite Cho on this?" "Yeah. I feel like I'm going crazy."
Bruce chuckles, "Steve, you're not crazy, you're just very old fashioned and nothing is wrong with that."
Steve nods as they go to the medical lab.
Cho says "Good morning, Captain, how are you?"
"A little worried, I keep having these episodes and they get worse overtime. I just feel like I don't fit in."
Cho says "Bruce came up to me after the first episode, he's been watching over you, Steve" he looks down, feeling ashamed. "It's called Autism, Steve, it's ok. It just means your brain works differently than others." "Will it go away?"
Cho purses her lips and says "No, there is no cure for Autism, it's something you're born with." he nods, "Do the others know?"
Bruce and Cho share a look, "No, but we know someone who has it, you know Tony's intern?" "What about him?" "He has Autism, Steve, he's also your grandson." "What? So that coffee mug I crushed wasn't a joke?" Bruce shakes his head.
Dun dun duh