Ch 5: The apartment

~~~ Steve's POV ~~~
I go to Queens, I enter a building, thankful that Peter is with me. We go up to the front desk, "You have an apartment for sale? 3 bedroom with 2 bathrooms, correct?" the man from behind the desk nods, "Yes, would you like to buy it?" "I'd like to look at it first." "Sure, right this way." we follow him up the stairs. We take a look around at the apartment, "When can I sign?" the dude says "You want to buy it?" I nod, "Yeah, it's for my family. His aunt's apartment is small, and I'm his relative and I haven't seen him in awhile." the dude nods, I sign the paperwork.
May says "So, how was apartment hunting?" I smile, "Found the perfect one, May, and let's start packing." "You're kidding!" I shake my head, we eat order out pizza, my grandkid's favorite.
I say "Thank you for letting me sleep on the couch." she nods, "You and Peter have fun tomorrow, packing, I have to work all day." she goes to the bedroom. Peter and I watch cartoons on the TV until we fall asleep.
I wake up, my grandson is snuggled up against my side, his curls lopsided but a smile sprawled across his face.
"Bud?" a grunt in response, "Peter? Bud, we need to start packing." "5 minutes please." "Peter, I will hold onto like a toddler and make breakfast if you don't move your butt." "Ok, Granddad, I get the idea." "Better." "Let's make pancakes and then we'll need to buy boxes to use." "Ok." we eat pancakes and get ready to start packing.