🔞Controlled Chaos🔞

LINK: https://archiveofourown.org/works/6030202?view_adult=true

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

Rey looked to her bedroom door from her balcony, the wooden panels swayed and the silver embellishments gleemed as its hinges opened. Leia peeked her head in the opening doorway. Rey strode away from the balcony and through her room. Each step echoed, its not that the room was empty, the ceiling reached at least fifty feet above Rey's head. It was odd, she never had a room, at least not like this. This room had sliver columns holding its walls and a bed that was almost too large for comfort. The slight embarrassment of not being able to use the silver chest of drawers and vanity set to its full potential loomed because Rey had so little to put in them. It even had a bathroom for Rey to call her own. It was Leia's palace to share, Leia even let Rey pick the room with the best view. It faced the ocean. Leia didn't go a day without hearing Rey voicing her sincere thank you's.

Leia strode in the room with a warm smile "Are you ready?" She asked of Rey. Rey was ready as ever, donning an extravagant white gown covered in pearls and lace to celebrate her night. Pearl bead work held her hair back fitting like a crown.

"Only nervous, I wish Luke were here." Rey admitted. Leia took Rey's chin in her grasp.

"I do too, he'll be here tomorrow. I'm sure we can hold out until then."

Rey nodded with a smile. She just needed to get through tonight, the excitement stirred in her. So many people are counting on her, and they're all there to celebrate her. She was a nearly a Jedi now. Leia took Rey's arm and guided her out of the room. They headed to the main hall where celebrations were often held. The sounds of the crowd bounced around the marbled walls of the palace, they were hardly near the roo just yet, this didn't help Rey's nervousness. Just how many beings could possibly be there?

"Now you don't have to talk, C-3PO would gladly do that for you." Leia joked. Rey showed her best smile she could muster, Leia opened a curtain and pulled Rey through the folds of it.

The hall was packed with well over a couple hundred guests, all different species ranging from across the galaxy. Even though Rey grew up a scavenger seeing many beings from all over the galaxy, they didn't compare to the ones in this room. They were elegantly all so humble and happly to see her. For once she didn't feel the threat of needing to survive.

"We're all here tonight to celebrate the dawning of a new age, to celebrate hope rising from the ashes," Leia glanced to Rey with a comforting smile "This is where we carry on, where we left off, for all that is peaceful and light in our galaxy."

The hall ruptured in applause. Rey focused on their fluttering hands, so many beings watching her. If only Luke were there. She searched the crowd for familiar faces to focus on, to cure the nervousness climbing up her throat. Finn and Poe both stood up front with the best view of the stage, they smiled brightly at her as they clapped. Looking lower she noticed little BB-8 shaking in excitement at Poe's feet. It made her smile to herself, she could do this.

A sudden heaviness shifted in her chest, the smile faded quickly. Rey had felt this heaviness before, she knew it. She knew the tension, the erratic hold it had on her, she secretly craved it. He's there and he is very near. Her eyes darted away from her friends, she frantically scanned the crowd for his mask. Rey glanced at Leia, she gave Rey a grave look. Leia could feel him as well. They silently agreed to one another to not make a panic.

"Padawans are being trained as we speak! It is an exciting time!" C-3PO declared. He was blissfully unaware, as was everyone else.

Rey returned to scanning the crowd, it took moments glance and nothing more...he finally stood out at the very center. He bore his face, wearing that scar. Ben. He was only fixated on her, no smile, no scowl, just an expressionless façade.