three.

Demi’s POV

Nick’s words started to bring up some mixed feelings. They reminded me of the past where I dreamed about Nick saying something like this to me. It was my biggest wish that he would say that he loves me but he never did. We were just best friends so it was stupid of me to even think this way. The heart wants what it wants I guess. I’m disappointed because I still try and believe he is still this nice guy that I once loved but he kinda proved he isn’t. In all honesty no one can just start a fake relationship, no matter what circumstances.

I looked at him again when he made some type of noise that I couldn’t describe even if I wanted to. It sounded like a laugh but this situation is not funny. “What’s funny Nicholas?” I mumble and he just grinned. “Demi, I know what you are thinking right now. He’s a bad guy. How can he just pretend to be in a relationship? I miss the old nick.” It caught me off guard at how well Nick still knows me. I smiled. “How do you know?” I whisper and his face turned into a smile. “Maybe I haven’t talked to you in a while but I still now you Demetria. We were best friends, remember” He smirks. I just wanted to smack that smirk right off his face. I sigh, “But Nick, I don’t know what to think about this fake relationship. How in the world is this going to make the stalker/creep go away?” I say in hopes that he has an explanation that I can actually believe but this is Nick we are talking about. You can’t believe shit he says. The stalker won’t leave if I’m together with some guy who is all over the media for breaking hearts. Then I think for a moment. Do I really want to be one of Nick Jonas’ love affairs? I shook my head trying to get those thoughts out of my head which makes Nick laugh. “Demi are you think too much again” he smirks yet again. Fuck him man. “What if I have a really good explanation? Will that get you to say yes?” I shrug. Even I know he doesn’t have an explanation because even I can’t think of one. “He will end up leaving you alone because you fucked another boy. That will disgust him so much that he wouldn’t even want you anymore.” Nick grins. I wanted to smack him but I stopped myself. I would never under any circumstances fuck Nick Jonas with the way he’s been acting lately. Nick started laughing and I realize in that moment he tricked me. “God Nick, why must you be an asshole?” I laugh but it was one of the most fake laughs I’ve ever done.

As time went on I started to regret picking up Nick’s call this morning. This day could’ve went totally normal without anything happening. I sigh as Nick giggles. “So are you up for the real explanation?” I nod and he laughs nervously. “He is going to leave you alone because I’m going protect you until he leaves.” Nick blushes and smiles but doesn’t look into my eyes.

His words made my heart skip a beat. I prepared myself for everything, mean words, a total just, but not for words that would melt my heart. Nick is still looking down at the ground and I’m happy about it because then he won’t see me blush. He doesn’t say anything and I don’t either.

“You don’t have to say something. I know that jerks say things like this to get girls to like them.” he whispers and looks into my eyes. I shiver and not because it’s cold but because I’ve waiting so long to hear those words and now that he said them I’m standing here like an asshole not saying anything. “Nick, no” I began and his face lights up “it’s not that. What you said was really nice and to be honest I can’t believe you just said that. Thank you.” I regret that as soon as I said it. What is this time bad romantic movie. But this isn’t a romance so I should calm down. He smiles at me and I think about how much I truly missed him.

“I said it and I really mean it. Demi, you are in fact my best friend and I want to help you. We also could repatch this friendship.” He somewhat whispers. He changed, I remind myself but I’m not sure anymore if he as bad as I thought he was.

“Thank you” I try to smile as nice as I can. His smile disappears and I quickly looked downs. Did I say something wrong? “Okay.” I knew this answer is the only way to make this evening end on a good note. If I said no, Nick would be hurt. I wish he would be hurt because he liked me not because of some scheme.

“What really?” his face lights up again and I nod. “I want to hear you say yes” he says and I tried to stop myself from laughing. This all just seems so out of place. “Yes” I almost shout because I feel somewhat free. Maybe my stalker will really leave and I can live my life in piece. He claps his hands and hugs me. “Thank you, I won’t let you down. I promise” he whispers in my ear. I relieve myself from Nick’s arms and try to smile “Sorry I don’t like hugs that much” I lied and he seemed to believe it. Score one for me. He’s smiling like a little boy. I mean how can he be so cute but so fucking sexy at the same time.

“It’s okay. I think you should make some rules for me  so I know what I can and can’t do?” he suggests. I smile. Well that’s a nice gesture coming from him. “Yeah, that’s a great idea. Thank you” I smile and he smiles back. We don’t say anything until Nick’s phone rings. It interrupted my thoughts. Nick picks it up and says “Yeah, honey? I felt like throwing up. Nick calling another girl honey is just too much for me to handle at the moment. I really like him but still I thought he meant this whole thing seriously but that proves yet again he doesn’t. I hate myself for being too naïve to think that this really means something to him. Nick turns around to talk to his ‘honey’ and I take this chance to run away.