six.

Nick’s POV

When I saw my car I also saw a lot of paparazzi standing there waiting for me. I sighed. Can they just respect my privacy just this once? I just want to go home and take a cold shower and relax so I can clear my head. When I came close to my car they all started screaming and asking question but I just continued to walk with my head down. The last thing I needed were photos and texts about me looking and being drunk. “Can you just fuck off?” I screamed through the shouts of the paparazzi as I’m running to my car. I got in my car and drove away luckily I didn’t hit any paparazzi. I started to speed and some people behind me beeped at me but I didn’t care. I think you can say it was luck that I didn’t get into an accident on my home.

At home I jumped into the shower and the cold water greeted me. I felt fresh and a tiny bit sober when I came out of the bathroom with only a towel on. No one was coming here anyway and if it was one of my affairs it wouldn’t have mattered that I had no close on if you catch my drift.

I sat down on my couch and put my head into my hands. With being sober the thoughts came rushing back and I felt the need to drink again. I shouldn’t care about what Demi thinks of me because I have enough people around me who love me for me. Yesterday showed me how much I truly missed Demi. Some place in my heart is always cold and the only person that could make it warm was Demi’s friendship. I had so much fun with her yesterday and I saw it in her eyes that I wasn’t the only one that thought so. Her stalker calling ruined that and all I saw was pain. I remember how I knew what to do but was so afraid to say it. I said my proposal out loud thinking it would make things better but somehow it made it worse.

My stomach rumbles and I walk into the kitchen and start warming up some pizza I had left off. I felt weak and that surprises me. I haven’t felt this way since I was on the Camp Rock set. Demi is from camp rock and she brings the past back whether I want it or not. Then again do I want to be that cute guy again after I worked so hard to become this sexy ass guy? In the end I don’t even know if I really want to be known as the heartbreaker.

The microwave beeps telling me that my pizza is finished. I pull out my pizza and sat on the couch. After turning my TV on I started to eat. I don’t really watch TV but I always turn it on just to know if something happens.

The words heartbreaker has a new girl make me look up and I saw myself on TV. I felt myself getting nervous about what they were going to say next. All of a sudden a picture of Demi and I at the parking talking and hugging showed up. I felt sadness come over my as the picture of the hug came on. It felt like old times when we hugged. “We saw him hanging out with Demi Lovato, his ex-best friend. They seemed to be on good terms again since they were hugging. If that isn’t proof enough that our heartbreaker got his new affair then I don’t know what is. We never thought Demi would do something like this. What you guys think about this? Tell us via twitter!”

Who do they think they are? I almost screamed at my TV when the interviewer had this smug ass smile. They can’t just turn it around any way they want to. Demi looks really bad. If Demi sees this she’ll never forgive me again. I need to tell her first before she sees it. I turned off my TV and grabbed my phone.

My phone started ringing as soon as I grabbed it and I saw it was my manager. I picked it up quickly. “Can you do something about this? They can’t make her look bad!” I screamed into my phone and ended the call. It wasn’t the nicest thing but I really needed to call Demi to tell her about this.

Suddenly the door sings and I sighed. Can’t I just be alone for one day? I run into my room quickly to put on a pair of jeans before I opened the door. “Go away!” I screamed until I realized it was Demi standing in front of me. She look scared and I felt so bad for screaming at her. “Oh...sorry” My hands started to get all sweaty. She raises one eyebrow without smiling or laughing. “Also sorry for yesterday, I...” she interrupts me with a giggle. “I would like to come in first and maybe you go put on a shirt?” she smirks. I sighed of relief knowing she wasn’t mad and let her into my apartment. “Make yourself comfortable. I’ll be right back.” I walked into my room, grabbed and shirt and headed back out to Demi.

She was sitting on the couch with her legs crossed scanning the room. I grin. When she sees me she quickly looks at the pizza and laughs nervously, “Nice room” she says and I can see that she’s uncomfortable.

“Thanks and Demi I am sorry once again. I really didn’t want to make you upset. I know now that I shouldn’t have picked up that call but it’s too late now. I’m just... I’m really sorry” She smiles nervously and I relax somehow after saying what I wanted to say. She clear her throat before she starts talking “I also want to say sorry...” “What? Why?” I interrupted her. She doesn’t even have a reason to be sorry. She laughs nervously again and doesn’t say anything for a while. It’s like she trying to think of a way to approach what she came here for.

“I saw your tweet and I should have said something to you but I just say it this morning, I’m sorry.” My eyes widen and I felt like a huge stone was building up in my throat. If I ask Demi what tweet she was talking about she would realize I tweeted that while drunk. At least that’s the only answer she could really come up with about me not knowing about it. “It’s okay. I was the jerk here, not you. Demi I really want to change for you.” I hope she doesn’t see that I’m lying to her. Best way to start this Nick Jonas. Smart move. I sighed.

She smiles, “Thank you. That means a lot to me.” She pulls me into a hug and I smell her perfume. She still smells the same after all these years. I think it’s weird how I still know her smell. When she lets go of the hug I look into her eyes trying to find out her mood. Her smile reaches her eyes. Her smile in the past never reached her eyes and I’m so proud of her that she was able to overcome her battle.

I opened my mouth to tell her about the TV article but the door bell ringing stopped me. I didn’t know who was coming but I have a feeling to about to get pretty ugly in here.

[a/n]

I’m so sorry I haven’t updated in a while. Bear with me. School started again. This weekend I’ll update two more times as a way to apologize for not updating. I hope you enjoy this story. If you have any suggestions/ideas feel free to comment down below.

xodeminickstories