four.

Demi’s POV

It’s already getting dark and sky is a beautiful pink/red color, almost like a rose. All of sudden I start to shiver. It got cold out of nowhere. I start to walk faster towards my house, my eyes full of tears. I’m trying my hardest to hold them in but it gets harder with each step I take. Nick isn’t worth my tears. I will try to forget all about him like I have before that phone call this morning. I was hoping this meet up would be a good thing but it was nothing but a fail. I should’ve known. I should’ve listened to my head and just stayed home. That’s it. I already have a best friend and that’s Marissa who needs Nick.

I search for my key in my purse and opened the door. The warmth of my house helped me relax a little bit. I blink away my tears and hang my jacket up. I walk over to the couch and take out my phone. Something that always cheers me up is getting on twitter and interacting with my fans. They’re so sweet and I love them so much. They always have a way of knowing when I’m not okay. I noticed that Nick hasn’t tweeted but I quickly shook my head to get him out of my thoughts. Who am I kidding? I can try to get him out of my thoughts all I want but we all know he’s going to be in my thoughts anyway. I start thinking about him fucking whoever he called honey earlier. I sighed. This is just unfair, I want him as a best friend and I feel bad about just running away but I know for a fact he forgot and went on to fucking another girl.

After hours of overthinking about what happened with Nick I fall into a restless sleep.

Nick’s POV

I was so happy when I heard Demi saying the words ‘yes’. I love her as a best friend and I don’t want to lose her again after our meet up today. I want to be the one who protects her from everything. I already failed at that so many times in the past and I don’t want that to happen again. The thought of Demi’s past honestly makes me shiver. Suddenly my phone rings and I pick it up without looking at Demi. It’s one of my many love affairs and I would love to just end this call before it even starts. There’s nothing better than talking to my best friend right now. Well I just lied because I know fucking would be better right now but that’s not possible because there’s no one here I could fuck. I greet her with ‘honey’ and turned around to talk to her.

After a few minutes she ends the call and I turned around. I was hoping Demi wasn’t annoyed that I took that phone call. I frowned as I turned around and I didn’t see her anymore. She left. I cursed out loud. I’m such a fucking jerk. I should have just ignored that phone call like I wanted to do. Although that phone call was a great escape from the silence that fell upon us. It was a great silence but my dumbass realized it a little too late.

“Demi!” I scream knowing that I won’t get an answer from her. There was a feeling coming from my stomach letting me know that I lost her once again. I won’t let this happen. She’s so important to me and I need her in my life again. She makes me so happy without even trying although I won’t admit that out loud.

This evening went so great and I totally destroyed it with one phone call. The media and everything is right and normally wouldn’t have a problem with it but I want to change for Demi. I want her back as my best friend again and get back to the way things were before I went down this stupid ass path. I want to be more protective, but once again I fucked that up to.

I screamed out loud because I needed to release some anger. Suddenly someone taps me on my shoulder and I turned around in hopes it would be Demi. But my hope fades when I come face to face with an older man. He smells like pure alcohol and I just want to run away from him because I don’t need this right now. I already have a big problem that I need to solve and standing here isn’t going to solve it. “Want some?” he mumbles and I almost didn’t understand him. I shake my head and he laughs. The smell of alcohol returns the minute he opens his mouth to laugh. The thought of getting drunk and forgetting about what just happen was extremely tempting. I gave in when he asks me again if I wanted some. What the fuck was in this shit? He gave me some alcohol and left again. This truly scared me.

I sighed and opened the bottles. The first sip makes me feel better but after a few more I can feel the alcohol going through my veins and start to my brain. I still think about Demi and she has yet to leave my mind. I’m so drunk and I thought she would leave my head but even in this state of mind she’s still there.

[A/N]

I hope you guys are enjoying this story! I’m sorry for the late update. School started again and I needed to focus on getting organized but I’ll try my hardest to update as much as I can! Also I know the media in this chapter isn't really a bottle but it's the only picture I could find of Nick with alcohol.

xodeminickstories