Exploring

I felt real tired. Maybe it had to do with the amount of sleep I had. I didn't know where I was. Then I remembered I have a new home now. I lethargically sat up on my lovely huge bed. Normally I love mornings and go for a run but not today.

I go to the bathroom to have a shower. As the water hits my body I start to feel refreshed. I take an extra slow shower today because I have a hunch it’s going to be a dull day. After I finish I walk out of my bathroom in my towel going to pick out some clothes. I choose a plain sweater on top of my t-shirt, white skinny jeans, and my usual foot wear, trainers.

Downstairs the maid, yes an actual maid, introduces herself and says “Hi what would you like to eat for breakfast?” "I'll make it," I mumble. I grab a teacup, sugar, a tea bag, and some milk putting on the kettle; I locate some bread and shove it in the toaster as I advance to the fridge scanning for some organic orange juice. Everything I needed was not difficult to find surprisingly because the kitchen must have been substantial considering how large it was.

I settle in sitting on the stool at the kitchen table. I eat noiselessly as the maid Ethel strives to communicate but I just nod my head along agreeing with everything she is saying. Thereafter Ethel asserts that it’s time for her to clean immaculately before Mr and Mrs Len turn up home.

They’re at the school I am going to attend to, giving the head teacher details about me so the principal knows my grades and stuff to set up which classes I will be going to.

Once Ethel leaves I decide to go exploring to see the house.
I sneak in to the Master Bedroom where Mr and Mrs Len slumber slyly looking in their drawers to find nothing. I look under the bed and see nothing there either. Looking under the pillow proved to be nothing as well.

I amble to Mr Len’s office which was conveniently open to use at my disposal. All there is at the desk are some papers about the house work, taxes, gas, and electric bills. Inspecting the drawer there was something attached to the desk. I tried to open it but I couldn't because it was locked. BINGO. I grab my special key from my pocket. It works on anything so I try that. Frowning I realize it doesn't work.

Huh.
What shall I do?
Forget it I’ll go through it next time I have a chance.

It’s been 2 hours while I’ve been 'exploring' and now I am SO bored.
Sighing I go to my room and play music on the laptop I own blasting the volume loud. It's not like the neighbours would complain. Unlocking my drawer on the side of my bed I grasp my diary writing today’s events about everything that has happened since I got here.

I also write down that I miss my parents and how weird it was that they died in the house I grew up in. In addition my mother suffered OCD so how did a gas leak get by her? I think the police were right when they thought it wasn’t an accident. I concur with them. I mean it is really suspicious that they died when I was not there in the house.

Closing my diary I put it away safely.
I’ve been writing in a diary ever my since parents died. It’s the only way to express my feelings. You see after the funeral I just thought it was hard to believe they were gone forever. I would never come back from school to see my Father reading the newspaper and smell the aroma of my Mother’s cooking preparing supper for us all to eat.

I became mute.

People had thought I had a problem and kept on bugging me but to be honest I didn’t even know they were there.

I closed down on everyone emotionally and physically being totally reserved.

All I knew was how to sleep, cry, sleep, and cry that was my routine. Now I am much better. I eat more often now and know where I am. I know what I'm supposed to do but talk rarely.
I still have nightmares of the fire though. In my dream my parents are shouting at me that it was my entire fault that they died. I guess it’s my subconscious who feels guilty. I imagine it was my fault even though know it wasn't it was somebody else's.

Later that day
My foster parents come back surprising me with a gift. They brought me a cat. I hate cats though I don’t know why. They're just so annoying when they lick themselves and make cat noises. Mr and Mrs Len don’t know that though. When they say they have it I look at it for a minute with a blank expression before I turn around and go to my room to take a nap.

I wake up to the sound of hushed voices speaking quietly downstairs. One thing about living in a middle of a forest that’s good is its deathly quiet. I turn the volume down of the music that was playing which I forgot to turn off when I went to sleep proceeding to my door placing my ear on it.
Yet I couldn’t hear properly. All I could hear was them murmuring. After opening my door softly I tiptoe out to hear them talking about me.

I wake up to the sound of hushed voices. Speaking, quietly downstairs. One thing about living in a middle of a forest that’s good is its deathly quiet. I turn the volume down of the music that was playing which I forgot to turn off when I went to sleep and proceeded to my door placing my ear on it.

Yet I couldn’t hear properly

Nothing but murmuring.

Tip toeing whilst opening my door, to hear them talking about me

***

All Rights Reserved
Copyright © 2012 Kya

Thank you for readingx

Votex

Fanx

Commentx

ρℓєαѕє =P