Chapter 1

Note: In few chapters of the story, there are transitions from first person point of view to third person.

→ First person of the story is Jerinah.
→ Italics are used for third person while normal font is used for first person to avoid confusion.
→ "• • •" in between the paragraphs denotes the change of the POV .

Thank you. Hope you enjoy reading my work(◍•ᴗ•◍)

* * *

"All right class, that's all for today. Make sure you submit the forms on time. You have a whole week to think about it."

Mr. Keilan left the room shortly after. I gazed dreamily at him. Tall, good looking and the mole below his left eye was such an attractive feature. It was placed just on the right place! Still in his late twenties, he was the man with whom I fell in love with a few years ago and fortunately or rather unfortunately, he is my homeroom teacher.

"Being in the same class as Mr. Keilan for another year, this must be fate."

"Don't you think he's a little too old for you?" Juliette replied putting all my hopes down. She had been my friend ever since high school and lucky enough for me, we are going to the same college.

"Talking about Mr. Keilan, isn't that him?" Juliette pointed out.

I looked down through the window and saw him talking to someone. That someone was one of the lady teachers working there. There was a ridiculous rumor that she and Mr. Keilan were dating. Of course I hardly believed it until Juliette said that the rumor was in fact true.

I stared blankly into space.

"Jerinah? Hey? Are you even alive? Gah! Come on let's just go to the cafeteria for now." Juliette dragged me away from the hallway.

• • •

As they walked across the cafeteria counter, Jerinah bumped into someone.

"Tsk! Can't you see where you're going?" the person snapped.

Jerinah was too shocked from what she had just learned that she just walked by without saying anything.

"Ah, sorry!" Juliette apologized to the person who seemed irritated and led Jerinah straight to a table.

~Back at the counter of the cafeteria.~

"What's wrong, Al?"

"Ah, nothing." His face turned red.

"Dude, your face's red. Are you having some allergic reaction or something?"

"It's nothing. Let's grab what to eat."

• • •

"This meat bun is the best!"

Having returned back to my senses I gobbled down the meat buns Juliette had bought. Also at the same time, crying my eyes out. You know they say 'you can't think straight if you are hungry.' My situation was exactly that. After gobbling down ten buns, I sat for the rest of the classes yawning.

I came back home and headed straight to my room.

Not long after, somebody knocked at the door of my room. The door was left unlocked and it opened. I sat there on the floor and turned my head to see my sister.

"What are you doing, sis? Her tone was indifferent.

I jumped up at once at her for a hug. But she wasn't in for it and I landed on the floor, face down. I narrated the entire story to her to which she said that I was obsessed with Mr. Keilan and that he was too old for me. Seven years isn't a big difference or is it? Whatever it may be somewhere inside me felt that she was right. Even though I'm the older to Sara by 3 years, it was actually quite the opposite.