Love expressed

We all deserve hell , we know that, but is there hope? Yes there is hope. God loves us so much that he decided to give his only begotten son to die on the cross for us. That is how much he loves us.

Jesus was perfect, he did no sin, he cared for people . Why should he die for you? What wrong did he do that he should die for us?

For love

Because Jesus loves us so much that he decided to die for us

He bore our sins

He took the crown of thorns, because he loves you

His hands and legs were pierced with nails

His side was pierced

He was hanged on a cross

Blood was dripping when he was on the cross

He took the pain of the lashes

The lashes tore his skin and flesh, yet he did not retaliate

He was the son of God , he could have called a legion of angels to destroy the one’s who persecuted him, yet he was silent why?
Coz he loved you so much that he was willing to take all the pain in order to redeem you

Matthew 26: 52-54

52 “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. 
53 Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? 
54 But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?”

He was scourged

He was flogged

He carried that heavy cross

Read Matthew 25:1-54

Even when he was on the cross, many people mocked him . but how did he respond to them?

With love

When they came to the place called the Skull, they crucified him there, along with the criminals—one on his right, the other on his left. 
34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up his clothes by casting lots. 
Luke 23:33,34

Breathing with difficulty, yet not thinking about himself but thinking about the people when he was on the cross. He saw his mother and was concerned about her. He did not think about himself, he thought about his mother

Jesus knew that this woman- his mother- was going to loose a son
a child whom she had brought up with love and care and a special child .
Her heart was broken seeing the son she loved on the cross

Jesus cared for her and did not forget her amidst his pain

When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, “Woman,here is your son,” 
27 and to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” From that time on, this disciple took her into his home.
John 19:26,27

Even when Jesus was on the cross and there were two others who were crucified with him, one on the left and one on the right. One of them realised who He was, He cried for compassion and Jesus showed compassion on him.

When Jesus was on the cross , you were on his mind

O great the love of Jesus!

Luke 23:39-43

39 One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”
40 But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 
41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”
42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”
43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Jesus died for you and me so that we might not perish and go to hell but be reconciled with God.
Jesus restored our relationship with God , which was broken due to sin.
The blood that was shed that day on the cross has the power not only to forgive our sins but also to save us.