Ch.2

“It’s alright,” Iruka said, trying to sooth the young girl he was sitting next to on a boulder. Minori kept sobbing, her hands to her face in spite of Iruka’s comforting words. “I understand this is quite a situation, but we will get through it.” Iruka sighed, seeing his words having no effect. I wanna cry, too. This is even more crazy than those fantasy novels of mine.

Iruka looked over his body. He was practically a kid again, since his avatar was a child version of himself, set up that way because of how weird it was seeing a duplicate of himself in the game. And my choice came back and bit me in the ass. Iruka sighed, looking at Touya with a bit of jealousy.

Touya was busy testing his legs, running in place and jumping. The best Iruka could do in his body was walk with a bit off a wobble in his step. The instant he tried something like running, he would trip and fall. Iruka at least now understood why the Henge no Jutsu was a practical transformation for the E-rank version. Students would be pissed if we taught them the full version and they experienced this.

Even though I can move this body, it is tiring and uncoordinated. Iruka frowned, watching as Touya sprinted with utter joy on his face. But, why is Touya so happy? It’s like he never had legs before. Touya had a grin from ear to ear, pure excitement filling his eyes as he watched his legs work.

“Ah!” Iruka jumped with seeing Touya look at Minori and him. The Chunin watched as an awkward expression cross the boy’s face with seeing Minori crying. I wish I could ask for help with soothing Minori, but neither of you can understand me. Iruka sighed, watching as Touya walked over to them. Touya reached into the bag he had connected to his belt and pulled out a filled cup of green tea.

This place is weird… Like it is the game. Iruka sighed, seeing Touya’s gentle smile as he kneeled and finally got Minori to stop crying. Minori took the drink and took a sip of the tea to help calm herself down. Touya looked at Iruka and spoke even though Iruka didn’t understand a word of what he was saying.

“I can’t understand you.” Iruka sighed, getting a mix look of confusion and worry for Touya and Minori. Though, if this is the ‘Japanese’ you grew up learning, Naruto, I can see why your reading skills aren’t up to par. Iruka thought, hearing his two companions speak to each other. It sounded similar to Japanese, yet not. It sort of sounded backwards to Iruka and trying to figure it out made his head hurt.

I think I now understand Naruto’s complaints when he tries reading Kanji a little. Iruka thought, pinching the bridge of his nose to fight back the headache. Okay. Iruka, calm down and take stock of the situation. You have been transported to another world like in some fantasy novel. To compound this, it seems like we are in that game Naruto and I were playing, and now I can’t understand what everyone else is saying. Iruka paused a moment as he recalled something, Naruto said many countries played this game, if this wasn’t an isolated incident, could other people be experiencing the same thing? Iruka sighed, But the worst problem is that I am stuck within my avatar. Iruka focused on his forehead and opened his menus with his mind and selected a <Green Tea> from his bag before reaching for his own bag. He pulled out a full glass of tea from his bag that steamed as though it were freshly poured. Iruka discovered the menus when he tripped, resulting in at least confirming this world was related to Elder Tales.

The odd things from the game works, Iruka thought, taking a sip and frowning. Ah, almost. Tastes like water, though could be because I had it in my bag before the event. But, best thing right now is I have Minori and Touya and we are still in a party. Problem is I can’t communicate with them like everyone else. Wait! Communication! Iruka opened his menus again and went to his <Friend’s List> to see the only three people he had on it.