|miracle|

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰
𝐴𝑠𝑘 𝑚𝑒 𝑛𝑜 𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠, 𝐼 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑛𝑜 𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑠
𝐼'𝑚 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑎𝑠𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎 𝑚𝑖𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑙𝑒
𝑊𝑒'𝑟𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑙𝑠 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑘𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑠𝑘𝑖𝑒𝑠
𝐼'𝑚 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑎𝑠𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎 𝑚𝑖𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑙𝑒
𝐌𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐂𝐇𝐕𝐑𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒
⊱ ────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ────── ⊰

When Chase had driven the car with Gert in the passenger side and Old Lace in the back with a blanket covering her, Chase aimlessly drove the streets. Seeing that Gert and Old Lace weren't getting any better he chose to do something that he hoped could save them.

The next time Gert opens her eyes there is a bright light, she knew she was laying on something cold as her palms resting at her side were touching something metallic. Gert blinks away trying to look past the white light and says Luna's name expecting her to be by her side.

"Hi," Dale says making Gert's eyes widen as she sees her parents faces hovering over her

"We're so happy you came home, honey," Stacey says with a smile on her face looking down at her daughter

Gert turns her head only to see she was in the basement of her house, with all the caged animals. Afraid of how she had gotten to her parent's hold Gert turns her head back to her parents when her dad asks, "How you feeling?"

Gert didn't say a word and just closed her eyes, her strength fading giving the parents time to fix the basement to keep their daughter in. Dale was gently patting away the sweat off of his daughter's forehead when he says, "Sweetie, you're gonna be okay"

Old Lace had been caged in a gate without complaint as she was too weak and sick to fight them. Chase was pacing the room wondering if he had done the right thing in bringing Gert to her parents. Dale stood next to his daughter who laid on the metal table at the center of the room while Stacey was putting on black surgical gloves standing next to their chemicals.

"Can you think of what she ate yesterday?" Dale asks the teen boy as he moves to stand on the other side of the metal table

"Well, we have been eating a lot of literal garbage. But I mean, we all ate the same stuff and no one else got sick" Chase shares just as Gert groans in pain

"Oh! Okay, sweetie. It's okay. Just breathe" Dale tells his daughter while Chase walks over to them and turns Gert to her side knowing what to do as he had picked up on what Luna had done to make Gert comfortable back at the hostel

"Her stomach hurts less when she lays on her side"

Dale looks up at the teen boy surprised but grateful, "Okay. Thank you, Chase. For bring her here and taking good care of her"