chapter 6: realization

Narumi's POV

"There you go Rin-San, please take this medicine 3 times a day and you'll get better soon" I stated to the blonde woman who have a fever.

She smiled at me as she took the small bag from me. "How are you and the boys? Still making troubles? You know you guys have been the talk of the town especially your fiance"

She stated giggling- wait my fiance? What is she talking about? "My fiance?" I asked clueless.

"Hmm you don't have to be shy dear hehe we all know about your 'secret' relationship anyway if this shortie ever hurts you I'll throw him into a deep hole of mud" she winked and walked out leaving me confused and deep in thought.

Shortie? Wait she doesn't mean- "L..LEVI!" I blushed furiously as I realized who she was talking about.

No way, I mean he only sees me as a friend right? Or even as a little sister! I can't believe we look like a couple in front of others I mean he doesn't like me not even a bit!

Suddenly I felt sadness running through my body and my chest tightened, why? What are my feelings for him?

He means so much to me, I wanna be by his side forever. I like him so much that I can't imagine my life without him, without him I could have been dead without him I wouldn't be who I am now...but he doesn't feel the same.

I felt my cheeks getting wet as I came to this realization, I need to shake these thoughts away and focus.

Time skip

I sighed as I sat down on the chair.
That's it for today huh, I should go home.
I closed my eyes to rest them for a bit, today was a busy day-

Levi suddenly appeared inside my head, he had his usual annoyed face I can imagine him calling me brat and even hear his voice inside my head.

Even with his frowning face he looked handsome and kinda hot not gonna lie, his silver eyes I could stare at them forever without blinking.

His soft hair ah it's been a while since I played with his hair- omg Narumi you pervert snap out of it jeez he's your bestfriend.

Besides he doesn't sees you that way

My thoughts were cut off when I felt a hand on my cheek, I quickly grabbed it and twisted it- with my eyes still closed I grabbed the collar of the human's shirt and pushed him on the wall harshly.

I opened my eyes to only see the man who has been playing with my feelings since the morning.

"L..levi?!"

Levi's POV

I was walking back and forth waiting for Narumi to arrive, she should have came back hours ago but there's still no sign of her.

I looked over the clock to only see it's almost midnight "tch".

"Levi will you calm down, she's fine she can protect herself maybe it's just one if these days where she'll have to spend the night at the clinic" Farlan stated which could be true but still I can't seem to ease my mind and think about all the bad scenarios that could have happened to her.

I don't know why but I can't just not to worry.

"If that's the case she would have told me tch that's it I'll go looking for her" I was about to open the door when Farlan stopped me.

"You like her that much don't you" he smirked with his hands behind his head. "What are you talking about?" I asked turning around raising a brow.

"Are you seriously that clueless? It's obvious you love her more than a friend"

"How do you know?"

"Well when you love someone, you'll have the feeling on needing to protect them, keep them for yourself, spend the rest of your life with them and stay by their side and so on, do you perhaps feel any of these towards Naru-chan?"

Ignoring his question I walked out the door closing it and heading to her clinic.

When I arrived I stopped at the door and saw a light coming through underneath it, I let out a sigh of relief I didn't know I was holding it in for so long.

"Well when you love someone, you'll have the feeling on needing to protect them, keep them for yourself, spend the rest of your life with them and stay by their side and so on, do you perhaps feel any of these towards Naru-chan?"

Farlan's words echoed inside my head.

Do I like her? Even if I do she doesn't deserve to be with someone like, she deserves the world and i want her to be happy but she won't if she was with me

"Stupid feelings.." I muttered as I stepped in, I took few steps inside but stopped as I spot her sleeping on the chair peacefully.

I felt my lips forming a small smile, as I thought how beautiful she looked while she's sleeping.

I stood in front of her and knelt down scanning her features. "What are you doing to me Naru" I whispered as I unconsciously started to lean in and putting my hand on her pinky cheek.

The next thing I knew that I was pushed into the wall- "l..levi?" She asked like she didn't have any idea that it's me. "Of course it's me the hell was this about and why are you late?"

"What are you talking about? It's still 6"

"Well check the time again brat because you definitely made me sick worried about you"

"12:30??!! How?? Did I fell asleep?" She gasped as she looked at the clock.

"You must have anyway come on let's go I didn't have dinner because of you" I sighed as I started walking away.

"Wait were you waiting for me?" She asked but I ignored her and kept walking.

"Look Levi I'm sorry for making you worry so much and wait for me for so long" she apologized frowning catching up with me.

I let out another sigh and ruffled her hair playfully. "Just don't do it again"