Chapter 12- The date!

Amaira's POV

I still can't believe Simon asked me to have coffee with him. It's nearly 1 am and I am not being able to sleep because of Simon. Ugh, the way his eyes shone when I agreed to go with him melted my insides.

Wait, was it a date? Or he asked casually for a chilled outing ? Shit, I will go mad today. I tossed and turned but guess what ,my friend, sleep won't come near me today.

It's nearly 7 am now. Simon said that he will pick me up at 10 am . I could feel butterflies dancing in my stomach. Ugh.. Why am I so excited?

I decided to take a nice long shower to wash away my anxiety. I decided to put on a yellow floral dress of knee length with as usual flats. I tied my hair in a messy bun. I was never interested in makeup so I put on some lip gloss to complete my book.

I went downstairs and found my mother cooking breakfast for herself. She knew I was going out with Simon. The moment she saw me her eyes glistened and she gave me a big smile.

'Honey, you look beautiful. ' She said cheerfully.

'Mmm, thanks mum. '

Our conversation was interrupted with the sound of the doorbell. My heart began to beat so fast as if I had been running for an hour.

'Honey, why don't you open the door? ' mum said with a smile. She was really happy that I had been making friends. But little did she know that this was not just friendship. He is maybe more than a friend.

Wait, what Amaira? What did you just think?

I opened the door and my eyes met his. He smiled his heartmelting smile and I could feel the rush of adrenaline in my blood.

'You ready? ' He asked cheerfully.

'Yes. ' I said with a shy smile.

'Here, these are for you. I thought you would love them. ' He gave me chocaltes.

Aww, he really knew how to win a girl's heart.

Control your emotions Amaira.

'Yeah, I love them ' I said softly and felt heat rising in my cheeks.

'Whoa, you are blushing. That's so cute. '  He said with a mischievous grin.

STOP BLUSHING AMAIRA..

'Let's go then. ' He said and offered me his hand like a proper gentleman. I placed my hand in his and he walked me to his car.

I am surely gonna die at the end of the day.

He drove me to a nearby restaurant. We ordered pasta and my favourite butter scotch ice-cream with chocalate toppings which was also his favourite. We talked about school, friends, our favourite pastimes, songs we like ,books and literally everything. We had a lot in common actually.

'So tell me about your family and your life in India?' My eyes widened at the question and my heart started beating faster.

'Are you okay Amaira? It's okay if you don't want to say. I completely understand  .'

His eyes said that he totally meant what he said. His words comforted me . I decided to speak a bit. I cannot run from my past always.

'There is not much to say. I live with my mother. My father left us . So after 3 years mum decided to move here since she got a job. That's pretty much it. ' I said shrugging my shoulders leaving the details behind.

His eyes studied mine as if he was finding it hard to believe. But then he didn't push me so I was relieved. It's a huge step forward as this was the first time I am sharing information about my past with anyone willingly .

'Tell me about yours. ' I asked him.

He stiffened a bit but regained his composure.

'I live with my uncle and aunt you know that. Apart from that my mother was just never interested in having me so my uncle got my custody after I was born . I have been living with them since then. My uncle's daughter ,Emily is married and she lives in New Jersey. That's it .' He said.

He had a troubled childhood too. The atmosphere was getting serious so I decided to change the topic.

'So you like football? ' I asked with a smile. I started this topic because I knew he loved football a lot.

'Hell yes. ' He eyes shone with excitement and he began talking about everything related to football. His first game, his first goal. Everything . I couldn't control myself from admiring him.

'You must be bored listening to my silly talks. ' He said laughing out loud. His laughter truely melted my insides.
'Absolutely no. You will not believe but I like football. I know it's hard to believe that a girl likes football. ' I said laughing.

We resumed our talk about football. We talked about our favourites. I actually liked spending time with him. On our way home we both sang our favourite songs in the car without any sync but it was a totally crazy memory.

'Amaira, thanks for going out with me. ' He said with a shy smile.

'You are welcome. It was fun. ' I said with a genuine smile.

'Oh, I forgot to say. You look beautiful. ' He said scratching his neck, a thing he does when he is nervous.

'Umm, thank you. ' I said .

He caught me off guard when he came forward to give me a hug. I clearly forgot the peace I feel around his arms. He buried his face in my hair and tightened his hold upon me. He held me for a long time but when his phone rang, he sighed and released me.

'I guess, I will see you on Monday then. ' He said with a frown.

'Yes. ' I said and waved him bye.

I enjoyed the day. I enjoyed being around him. I enjoyed being happy.

Authors note

Hey, lovelies. Back with a new chapter. I have no experience with writing about dates so please bear with me. Another thing is that I have decided that I will update once a week or maybe twice because I need to cope up with my studies. So stay patient guys. Hope you are loving amaira and Simon. Please vote, comment on the chapter. It keeps me motivated to write.
Love,
Dikshita