3. doughnut

Louis decided to stay longer than he anticipated he would. Niall and Tori ended up leaving him. He figured he could catch an Uber or Lyft to get back home whenever he was ready to head out. But Louis was too caught up in talking with Harry. 

He learned that he actually enjoyed talking and hanging out with Harry. It may have been just the drug in his system with partial alcohol but hey, whatever. All that matters now is in the moment. You can't change the past nor predict the future. 

After finishing the blunt that Harry had rolled for them, Louis was higher than the fucking stars it seemed like. Everything was so calm and relaxing and he just felt as if he was floating on fucking air. He forgot sometimes you get munchies when you're high but didn't feel like fighting through drunk assholes in the house. 

"So like, is there anything open around here?" Louis asked. As if on cue, his stomach made deadly gurgling sounds. Harry looked amused. 

"I know the perfect place. Come on." Harry stood up and put all of his items in this bag, along with a black journal. He noticed earlier that he was writing in it, or doing whatever but didn't ask because it's none of his business. 

The two guys weaved down through the house after putting out the fire which was now hot embers. Waves crashed along the beach and Louis felt the cool breeze blow through his hair making him feel absolutely alive tonight. He looked out into the ocean and saw the moonlight dancing long the surface of the busy water. It was truly beautiful.

"I tend to come and walk the beach at night time because there is hardly any people this late at night plus it's just so calming and relaxing. You can't get that anywhere else. Well, maybe you can but for me, this is my paradise." 

Harry walked alongside Louis with a small backpack slung over his right shoulder, shoes in one hand. Louis took off his socks and shoes and let his toes dig into the cool, white sand. He hated walking to beach barefoot during the day mainly because the sand was scorching hot. Who honestly enjoys that?

"Did you grow up here in Gulfport?" Louis asked, taking this time to get to know the lad. 

"That is a dumb question, dude." Harry chuckled. Louis was confused at first then realized something: neither of them are from the fucking United States of America. Louis doubled over laughing, holding his stomach. 

Harry laughed alongside of him, patting his back as if saying 'let's go'. 

"I'm actually from Chesire. Moved here a year ago, actually. I wanted to study abroad just for shits and giggles but I realized when I got over here I had no idea what I actually wanted to study. Found myself traveling then landed down in South Mississippi on the Gulf coast and haven't been anywhere since. It's like my own type of paradise."

The way Harry talked seemed to soothe Louis' soul in ways he would never be able to understand. The slow drawl seemed to make his words drip with milk and honey. He could listen to him talk for days on end if he really wanted to. 

"What did you originally want to study?" Louis asked. 

"I wanted to be a marine biologist. I went to California to study but then I was like, mmm maybe not. In the end I just dropped out, honestly." 

"Your life sounds so interesting." said Louis which caused Harry to shrug.

They came up to a small shed-type building which was lit up by warm lights and Tiki torches to keep unwanted insects away. The Beach Shed is what it was called and it was dangerously close to the water. Louis was surprised such a small building stayed there due to all the hurricanes and tropical storms Mississippi got.