Chp. 44

Hayden

It was burning. This place was burning. My ears were ringing still and everything seemed a blur. That guy was already by the door holding Phelia back while she tried to get to me.

The smoke was tearing me inside with every breath I took. But I lied there looking at the ceiling being engulfed by the intense fire. She would finally be gone. She would burn with this house and become nothing but ashes. It was all finally over.

This was for the best wasn't it..

You'll have the most painful death.

Even now I remembered those words clearly. It was like a curse she engraved for me in her last moments. My eyes burned and the tears fell from the corners of my eyes. It made me burst in laughter.

"You truly amaze me mother."

I closed my eyes but it wasn't her face that appeared in my mind but someone else. It was ridiculous. Phelia. Her name encircled my mind. Out of all the times, why was it now that she came to me?

It was all so exhausting. She was always so irritating. I should've just killed her that night. Never should've brought her here with me.

"Phelia..Phelia."

Phelia

His hold on me was so tight even as I pleaded and yelled he didn't let go of me. He yelled at me. He was saying something but I wasn't listening. Hayden just laid there inside as the house burned and collapsed.

The fire engulfed everything inside and soon I wasn't able to find him or make out his figure anywhere.

"No! Let me go! He's still inside..please."

My legs grew weak and I collapsed on the floor as it all burned. I don't know how long I sat there. I heard faint sirens nearby and car doors shut. Everything felt detached. I was sinking, drowning endlessly.

Hayden. He was gone. He was gone forever. It was me that killed him.

If I didn't go in that room, would everything be different right now? Would he be still alive? Or was this bound to happen someday...I didn't know anymore.

I had no purpose here without him. I don't want to exist alone. No one will understand us. No one will see or hear us. No one would know what this house holds and what it meant to us. Everything was buried and people would create their own truths because the dead will never be able to speak. The mere thought of it made my skin crawl.

What more do you need to take from me.

Who was I speaking to? I didn't know that either.

It was all so dark now and my body hit hard against the ground. I couldn't see the house burnt and left in ashes anymore. But the horrible scent was still there. The awful smoke stained on our skin and clothes.

*

His breaths were steady and  so warm against my skin. I laid there as he stared down at me, at my bare self. I simply couldn't face him. He always left me nervous and shaking beneath him. I already felt the heat rush to my cheeks, avoiding his eyes.

His hand slipped under and reached under the middle of my breast. Both his hands brushed down the line of my waist and the shadows of my breasts. And those lips of his placed a gentle kiss on each. I closed my eyes feeling him rise over me everywhere like the tides of water. The warmth of his tongue circled my buds, causing me to twist and turn.

My lashes fluttered as I breathed out slowly. His hands caressed my cheeks and had me face him. He was so gentle with me. Those beautiful eyes never bored me at all. I wished for them to look into me forever but I couldn't last a minute under them. But they were finally looking at me.

I winced at his grip on my thighs from it being a bit rough. His fingers rubbed and glided underneath and soon they slid inside with such ease. My hips pushed against his touch and the pressure I felt drove me to the edge.

My hands wrapped around his wrists as he continued to push them in. My breathings were rough and riding along with his. I felt both of his hands gripping on my waist now as he lowered himself between me.

I gasped for air and my eyes widened. The sounds he made beneath me and the ones leaving my mouth interwined and drowned together.

"Hayden..Hayden."

My eyes were faintly open and he was here from my pleads. He answered with his lips on mine. I wished to see his face. But his warm hands wrapped my neck and rubbed them as he turned me over. I flinched and immediately gripped onto the sheets. His chest pressed against my back and I felt the thin sheet of sweat over our bodies merge together.

While one hand held me in place, he never allowed his other to leave my face. He kissed me as he pushed inside me from behind.

"Phelia.."

My name. Will you say it again?

*

Connor

In the last few days, he was all that was covered in local news. A serial killer, total of 9 victims. That was including his mother they found behind the walls.

There were two others downstairs burnt to the core so it was hard to identify. It was indeed strange. Phelia and I were the last to see him and we saw him burn with the house. Surely his body was one of those two...

My legs were almost completely healed. I was able to walk perfectly fine now but Phelia was still in the hospital and she hasn't awakened yet. It was as if she was shutting herself away. She was laying so still. Ever now and then, I laid my head against her chest to check if she was alive.

All that swarmed my mind was that he would no longer trap her and take her away from me. No one would be able to seperate us now. I held her warm hands in mine and closed my eyes.

"Come back to me soon."