11

"How many were they?"

Leedo had ordered for the people of Gwanna to be let in and taken care of. Many had injuries including children, mothers and old people.

The war had been unexpected as their head had explained and so they were unprepared. The war left them nothing to call home as all of it was burned to the ground, including the palace they so much valued.

Their king was the first to face that wrath as the head of the attackers had slit his throat and proceeded to do the same to his wife and their baby boy.

"It was an ugly sight your highness," the head — Jungmyeon— had explained brokenly. "We were strip off of our rights your majesty, we had nowhere to go but here. Please help us."

"We will help you if you help us as well," Keonhee said. "Will your remaining men join forces with us to fight an upcoming war we're sure is headed towards us next?"

"Yes your majesty!" Jungmyeon immediately agreed, head nodding vigorously. "They'll do all they can to make sure your kingdom stands!"

"Good, you may leave to rest," Leedo dismissed him and he left with a bow. He turned to his brothers. "That was a warning sign to us."

"What'd you mean hyung?" Seoho asked, face scrunched up in confusion.

"It was a planned attack,"

"No shit," Ravn cursed. At this point, no one even had the mind to tell him off.

"No, they attacked Gwanna knowing they didn't stand a chance at surviving. They're slowly taking down the smaller kingdoms to make sure we get no help when they come to us." Leedo explained.

"And they're coming in a huge ass number," Keonhee said, a little out of it. "They want us to be doomed and we are."

"Don't say that Hee!" Ravn cried. "We're strong enough to face them. I really don't even see what they even want from us."

Leedo sighed audibly. Maybe this was the perfect time to enlighten them about what lied beneath the great building of Silchae.

He couldn't believe that was happening but he had no choice. He couldn't believe it had come to that, that the time for other people to know what Silchae possessed had come.

"I need to show you guys something," Leedo announced and the five brothers looked at him curiously. "But promise you won't freak out."

"If it isn't your dick, sure we won't freak out," Ravn shrugged, the others rolling their eyes and groaning in annoyance.

————

"The youngest prince dislikes spicy dishes so make sure to avoid that,"

She had been going round the kitchen for hours memorizing spices, pots, and food items used to cook the meals for the people at the palace but since she was going to be a special cook, she was cooking for the princes only.

They sure had a lot of appetite from what she noticed. They ate five meals instead of three like they were supposed to. She guessed that they burned a lot of their energy training and doing work.

"That will be all," the younger cook that had showed her around bowed at her new partner with a smile. "If you have any trouble please send for me. I'll be going to prepare dinner now."

The girl left and she looked around and sighed to herself. She wanted to see him.

So ignoring all warning signs and signals, she walked out of the kitchen area, notifying the others that she was going to find some herbs, she headed to the open space where she had overheard the maids saying the princes were.