°•°•Heart of gold°•°•

Endou had various nicknames and titles to him courtesy of his teammates, fans and, well, basically anyone who knows him. All kinds of names, really; The legendary captain, an idiot, Raimon's heart, a soccer freak...and the list goes on.

He is known for being a hyperactive innocent ball of sunshine. For being a skillful determined hardworking player. For his signature grins and smiles that rivals the sun in brightness. And for being a really supportive and helpful captain for his team.

But the best and most endearing thing about him is his heart of gold.

Endou mamoru has the purest and brightest golden heart ever.

Sure Endou is not the smartest or the most handsome being. Sure he is not the tallest but is considered average by most people in terms of looks.

But as a wise man once said 'it's that heart of gold and stardust soul that makes you beautiful'

And Endou Mamoru is the very definition of that quote by R.M Broderick.

If you had to list even only the biggest things he did that proves his golden heart, the list would be long but with the small meaningful once too, it would be endless.

What he does may not be known to the world, but the people involved would be forever grateful for the brown haired captain.

What does he do that's so great? You may ask. Well it may be the way he talks to his teammates or even rivals like they were they ones who hung the star in the sky. The way he is there when they need someone. Always encouraging people and making them feel valued and loved. Always raising their self-esteem and help them see the good in everything. To never give up in difficult situations and to always keep their heads high.

Or it could be the way he is ready to put himself in danger's way to help people. Always putting others before himself. Like when he broke into Garshield's house to help the Brazil team in in FFI. The way he didn't hesitate to help Fideo when his team was threatened to be replaced. When he refused to let Kidou and Gouenji's former teammates trash talk them even when his friends told him not to get involved. When he didn't care if Domon was actually a spy from Kageyama when Fuyukai was revealed as a spy or when he had faith in Fudou even when others were thinking that he was betraying them for Kageyama when they were on the island.

Endou always believed in his friends whether it's on the field or not. He loved them and treasured each of them with his whole heart. He thought all of them as equals. Never thinking or even allowing others to think of his friends as weaks. Anyone with eyes could see how Endou was Furious when kira Seijirou, Hiroto's adoptive father, called his injured friends weak.

He is always ready to forgive people in an instant like he forgave the 'Aliens' for hurting him and his friends and for destroying schools. Or even like he never really gets angry at Kogure for his antics and pranks, which he actually finds funny at times.

But his golden heart showed it's best, genuine and brightest colors when he faced his friends as they used the Aliea stone.

It was unbelievable, really.

He never ever blamed them or criticized them for that. Didn't get angry at them or even annoyed.

I mean, they threatened to destroy his school all over again. They joined the enemies and used the stone to become stronger. They betrayed him when he had put his trust in them. They even purposely hurt him during the match even when Endou and the team just had a rough match agains Hiroto's team. And had insulted him to his face. They were the people Endou exhausted himself to prove to a stranger that they were not weak. Only to return back to see the exact people he protected betraying him.

But even with all that, Endou never once reproached them. He didn't even have to forgive them as he never blamed them. He believed in them till the end even when they were propelling soccer balls to his face.

Boy was he happy when they were back to their normal self. Happy was actually an understatement, he was ecstatic.

All in all, Endou was an angel sent to all the souls lucky enough to know him. Never would his friends be grateful enough for having crossed path with him.

Sure Endou was not perfect.

But his personality was pure gold itself. Putting others ahead of himself was a mere instinct for him. A rare trait in this world.

________________________________________

Idk if you can call this a oneshot. Just wanted to state and put it there how much Endou is really a selfless being and such a pure soul.

22.06.20