baby? - josh christopher

i sit on my bed. i'm three weeks late. my period hasn't started. i'm hysterically crying. the first person i decided to call is my boyfriend, josh.

"josh?"
"yeah what's up babe?"
"can you come over please." i tried to keep my cool, but my voice cracked.
"yeah, yeah. i'll be over in five."

he hung up the phone. all i have to do is wait now. i cant have a baby, i'm too young. i'm seventeen, i'm about to be a senior. he's leaving highschool. he's going to arizona. a baby would ruin his career if he isn't careful. i cant. we can't.

he comes inside my room. "hey everything alright?" josh comes and sits next to me on my bed.

i shook my head, "no." there were the waterworks. just pouring down my cheeks.

"what's wrong y/n? speak to me." i was trying to find my words.

"i- i- i think i'm pregnant." i could tell his eyes widened.

"you're obviously going to get rid of it.. right?" what the fuck type of response is that? he can't be serious.

"what the hell josh? that's your response? i don't know. i don't want to kill this." i pointed to my stomach. "if there even is one."

"we can't have kids! y/n, you're in highschool. i'm going to college soon." his voice increased in volume. "are you keeping it?"

"i don't know if there is an it." we were referring to the baby as an 'it' now. "i didn't take a test. i just know that i'm three weeks late. josh the last time we had sex was nearly three four weeks ago." is getting rid of it all he cares about?

"find something out then. we're not ready for a child y/n." after minutes of arguing he left. i feel like an idiot. i feel stupid.

i call up y/bsf/n and tell her what just happened. she agrees to bring me two tests. what would i do without her?

i ignore josh and all his notifications as i wait for y/bsf/n.

she knocks on the front door and i go to answer it. i was lucky my parents were out of town for the week.

i peed on the stick and the other one too. i took a deep breathe and set them onto the counter. y/bsf/n watched as the tests have processed and i went to go grab something to eat from the kitchen.

"y/n!" she calls me from the bathroom and i rush there immediately.

i take a look at the tests, negative. i took a minute of relief and hugged her. "i should go tell josh." she nodded and released me from her arms.

i had went to my room and called him.

"what y/n."
"i have the test results.."
"are you..?" i sighed to mess with him, "are you??"
"i'm.. not. i still don't-" he quickly hung up. "forgive you."

the hell was that for. he texted me and tells me to her ready and he'll be by in thirty. i threw on one of his shirts and a pair of jeans.

y/bsf/n had walked in and we sat down and talked. "what would you do if actually had the baby?"

"well, i'd keep it. and if he doesn't want them it's fine. i'll raise it. show love, care, affection. put them in a sport. give them a good life. wouldn't ever let go and let them turn on their future." i smiled at the thought of having a kid.

y/bsf/n smiled at me. "that's cute. have a little ja morant family. their family is so cute." i nodded. "i'm always here for you, y/n. i got to go though. i'll see you later, i love you." she looked at her phone.

"love you too." we hugged for a few seconds and i watched as she left my room and hearing the front door shut.
-
the doorbell had rung causing me to jump. i had gotten up and went to go answer it. "hey."i smiled.

it was josh with a bouquet of roses. "i'm sorry, y/n. i overreacted and it was dumb of me. momma ain't raise no bitch." i gladly accepted the roses and gave him a hug.

"i understand. it was all the tension with everything. colleges, basketball." it still bummed me though. it's like he wasn't going to love it or that or whatever.

"you ready to go..?" he smiled and i took a hold of his hand and he guided me outside into the car.

"so... where are we going mr. christopher?"

"you'll have you wait and see mrs. christopher." i looked at him all flustered. "i'm serious. we have to grab snacks first though."

he had driven to a target and we got snacks and drinks. now we were actually on the way to wherever.

"a hill..?" i was kind of confused. "cliff..?"

"no," we got out the car and he had opened up the trunk. it had blankets and pillows plus his laptop. "we're going watch netflix, under the stars and with food. i know it's basic.. but i know you don't like going all out." i smiled.

"thank you." i pecked his lips. it was cute and simple. netflix and chill type of vibe. but with the view and food. lowkey couldn't have asked for more in life.

-
this was simple and easy to write. thank you for reading and thank you for the idea @LILTOPS 🤍. - saaativa 🐻