Dinner

*Hey I updated after about 6297283 years.*

It's been about 20 minutes since I came back in from the balcony. Kenny came out and notified me that it was time for supper.

I remembered the beans and peaches I smelt from earlier and cringed.

I'm now holding onto my cold bowl that is holding the mystery meal. I stare at it.

I finally look up to see two separate tables.

Luke and the rest of the group at one, and Kenny and his crew at another.

"Over here, Clem!" I hear Luke and Kenny call out at the same time.

Luke stares at me with puppy eyes and then turns around, but I can feel Kenny still looking at me.

I may be in a relationship with Luke, but I haven't seen Kenny in years.

I walk over to the small table and sit down across from Kenny and next to Walter.

They all smile at me and I smile back.

"Glad you could join us," Walter greeted me. I chuckled and nodded.

Kenny and Walter carry on a conversation about the Walter while I slowly eat my food.

I guess Sarita saw how hesitant I was about my meal, because she said "You don't have to act like you enjoy it, Clementine"

I sigh and drop my spoon almost instantly.

"Hey, Clem, whose that kid over there?" Kenny asks me, looking over my shoulder.

I turn around and look at Luke.

"Who, Luke?"

Kenny nods. "Yeah. Is he a good guy?"

I nod in response. "Yeah, he's a good guy."

I can tell Sarita is trying not to laugh. I raise my eyebrow at her and she winks at me.

It only takes me a moment to realize she was by the balcony doors when Luke and I were out there.

"Do you trust him?" Kenny asks, obviously nosy. I nod slowly.

Kenny's face becomes serious. He raises an eyebrow at me and then stares at me.

"Would you trust him with your life?"

My hear dropped as Kenny asked that question. The only thing I responded was "I think so," and a tiny nod.

"Come on, Kenny. Lighten up. She's growing up." said Sarita. She looked over at me with a delicate smile and winked.

I chuckled as Kenny shook his head. "Oh, uh, yeah. Sorry, Clem."

I assured him it was okay.

As soon as Walter and Sarita finished their meal, they got up and left the table.

Luke and Nick came over and sat down. Nick next to me, and Luke next to Kenny. I saw see the fiery glare in Nick's eyes as he looked at Luke, who took the only available seat that wasn't next to me.

This was gonna be awkward as hell.

"Hey there." Kenny beamed at Luke. He winked at me.

Luke, in a confused tone, greeted him back.

They shared small talk about the food and the weather. It was all going pretty smoothly, until Kenny decided to say that Nick and Luke looked like really good friends.

"Yeah, well I really don't wanna have anything to do with him right now." Luke said, looking away.

"Hey, fuck you, pal!" Nick retaliated. Kenny shot his head in Nick's direction.

"Hey!" he shouted. "There's no need to cuss around Clementine like that!"

"She's heard it before!" Nick said back.

I wanted to yell at Kenny for saying that, but then I remembered that the last time I saw him was whenever I was a little girl.

"Yeah, but she doesn't need to hear it coming out of someone she just met!"

I bit my lip, trying to hold back a scream.

"Are you kidding me?! I'll tell you one thing- We know each other pretty well!" Nick screamed, slamming his fist down on the table. His face became red.

"Hey, now what's that supposed to mean?" Luke butted in.

"I almost had sex with Clementine!"

My eyes widened and my skin became pale. The room was silent.

Fuck this.

I got up from the table, kicking it in the process. My bowl of mystery food fell onto the floor.

I stomped up the stairs. Carlos tried stopping me with his strong hand, but I shook it off.

After what seemed like forever, I made it into my room and slammed the door behind me.