Chapter X

The next morning, Jennie woke up with the need to throw up. She rushed into the bathroom and emptied the contents of her stomach.

She felt dizzy after she was done so she sat on the edge of the tub for a while to regain her lot energy.

After resting for a while, she cleaned up, did her usual morning routine and got ready for work.

Jennie considered today to be one of the days where she woke up on the wrong side of the bed so she was not in the mood to do anything. She settled for a simple knee-length official dress and brushed her hair. She decided to go makeup-up free today and then she reached for her hand and laptop bag and made her way out of the room.

"I was about to call you for breakfast," Jisoo said, pointing to the pancakes on the table. She was already dressed up for work too.

"You look pale this morning." Jisoo closed the gap between them.

Jennie nodded. "I just had my first morning sickness, I feel so weak."

Jisoo pulled out a chair for her and made her sit on it and then took a seat beside her.

"Are you sure you will be fine going to the doctor alone? I don't think you should drive in this situation."

"I'll be fine. I guess I will not take my car today. You can drop me off at the hospital and when I'm done I'll take a cab to the office."

"Okay. What time is your appointment?" Jisoo asked.

"9:05"

"Then let's hurry up with breakfast so you won't be late."

Jennie ate the little she could, they made conversations in between their food and they cleared the table when they were done.

_____

As soon as Doctor Irene approached the reception, she saw one of her favorite patient, Jennie.

She pulled Jennie into a side hug and ushered her into her office.

Doctor Irene was nearly the same height as her, in her early thirties with long dark hair and very friendly.

She took a seat behind her desk while Jennie sat opposite her.

"So, let's get to business. What brings you here dear?"

Jennie swallowed painfully, fiddling with her hands. "I took a pregnancy test two days ago and it came out positive. I'm here so you can tell me what to do next. I'm so confused, I don't even know where to start."

"I assume you've been sexually active?" Doctor Irene said.

"It was just for a night, a little over two weeks. I took some after pill but the pill disappointed me."

Doctor Irene smiled sadly. "The pill doesn't work out for some people and it can be due to different reasons."

"I guess I'm part of the unlucky ones then," Jennie mumbled.

Doctor Irene smiled. "You'll be fine. So what are the changes you've noticed in your body?"

"Lack of appetite, I now dislike most of my favorite food, my boobs are sore and I had my first-morning sickness this morning." Doctor Irene nodded, scribbling something down on paper.

"Any cravings?" She asked and Jennie nodded negatively.

After a few more personal questions, she ushered Jennie to the laboratory room where her blood and urine sample was collected and tested.

While waiting for the test results in Doctor Irene's office, Jennie brought out her tab and went through some pending emails. She also made a few calls to some of her clients.

After some tome, Doctor walked in with the results.

She spoke as soon as she got settled behind her desk. "It's confirmed. You're almost three weeks pregnant; two weeks and five days to be exact." Jennie nodded meekly, she was trying to accept the fact that she was already a mother to be, something he doesn't think she's ready for.

Doctor Irene wrote out some prescriptions and handed t to her alongside the test results and an introduction to motherhood magazine.

Jennie has been a patient of Doctor Irene for almost five years so she considers her as a close friend. Doctor Irene knew how hardworking and successful Jennie is and she was really concerned about her because Jennie seems unhappy about the whole thing.

She rose  and got settled on the empty chair that was beside Jennie.

"You want to keep this baby right?" She asked, looking into her eyes.

Jennie nodded. "When the tests I took came out positive, all I did was cry because I knew my life was going to change forever. I'm not ready for motherhood but I have no choice but to prepare for it."

Doctor Irene took one of Jennie's hands in hers and gave it a light squeeze. "You will do just fine. Is the father aware?"

Jennie shook her head negatively.

"I know you have a lot on your plate but I want you to look at this pregnancy as a blessing in disguise. A little girl or boy has chosen you to be its mother and I want you to be proud of that. You are going to have a child of yours who will call you mom and look up to you to everything, I promise you it is the most amazing feeling in the world."

"I want you to worry less, put yourself and your baby's health first then work can come after. Eat well and on time, take your medicines, avoid stress and stay hydrated. I want you to enjoy everything touching and concerning your pregnancy."

Jennie put up a sad smile, "Thanks Doc, you gave me the motivation I needed."

"You're welcome." Doctor Irene smiled. "Your next appointment is in three weeks. You would get to hear your baby's heartbeat.

Jennie and Doctor Irene talked some more before she took her leave. She made a stop at the hospital pharmacy to get all the prescribed medications.

On her way to the parking lot, she paused to search her bag for her car keys and that was when she remembered Jisoo dropped her off.

Jennie hailed a taxi and gave him the address to her office.

As soon as she got into the taxi, she took out her phone and google Lisa Manoban. She read a few things about her and most importantly she noted her office address. She works at the headquarters of Manobans Inc. a tech company. There were lots of relationship gossip which Jennie restrained herself from ready

Deep down she knew she was going to react badly when she makes it known to her that she's expecting their child but she wanted to fulfill her duty; she had a right to know and she was going to inform her today.

Jennie gave the taxi driver Lisa's office address and he pulled over to the direction of Manobans Inc.