Chapter VII

"How is my niece doing today?" Marco pulled Jisoo in for a hug. 

She smiled, "I'm fine uncle, Happy Birthday to you. Long life and prosperity."

"Thank you, dear. I'm glad you're here."

"You remember your cousin, Lisa?" Marco said, gesturing at Lisa who was standing beside him with a glass of champagne.

Jisoo took a glance at the asshole who hurt her bestfriend. As usual, she was looking very pretty handsome despite the fact that she had a stern look on her face. 

Jisoo had never seen her smile, perhaps she will be more handsome when she smiles. Lisa was the total opposite of her parents and twin sisters, it made Jisoo wonder what planet she came from. 

"I do remember her," Jisoo mumbled, looking back at her uncle. 

"Good. I was just asking her when she's going to give me my first grandchild." Marco said which made Lisa groan.

"We've agreed not to talk about this Dad."

"I'll keep on talking about it till you give me a grandchild. I want to have one now that I'm still healthy and have the energy to run around him/her."

"Because I asked for a grandchild doesn't mean I expect you to get involved with a lady only for the baby and neither do I expect you to bring a woman to your mom and me, pretending to love each other then you guys will divorce few days after the baby is born."

"I just want you to be happy and build your own family. I want you to experience what your mother and I have."

"It's not my fault Dad, they are always after my money." Lisa interrupted and Jisoo looked at her in disbelief.

"I believe there's someone for you out there, someone who will love you for you and not for what you have. Just give yourself the chance to mingle." Marco completed.

 Lisa wondered why her father was saying all these in front of her cousin who  she didn't like a bit. 

"You both should catch up, I will go say Hi to the other guest," Marco said, then left the duo. 

After Jennie told Jisoo everything Lisa did, she had wanted to go to her and hurl insults at her but she didn't because Jennie begged her to avoid trouble. 

She chuckled as soon as she saw the right side of her forehead, where Jennie threw her heels at her. Though the lump had gone down there was still some loose skin around that side which was an evidence of the lump.

"I see that my so-called cousin cannot resist drooling over me" Lisa spoke, handling over the empty glass to a waiter. 

Lily chuckled in disbelief. Her cousin was so full of himself. 

"Sorry to disappoint you Lis, I don't find you attractive. Even if you're the last and only person on earth, I'll rather die single than to be with you."

"Whatever makes you sleep at night." She said as she tucked her hands into her pocket.

"By the way, what happened to your forehead?" she asked, pretending not to know anything.

"Not that it's any of your business but I bumped my head against the wall," Lisa said almost immediately as if she had been practicing the sentence so everyone will believe she bumped her head against the wall.

"Really? It looks like someone threw something at you. Like a stone or something." Jisoo mocked, trying to hold back her laughter. She was happy that her best friend threw her heels at her.

"As I said, it's none of your business," Lisa said with gritted teeth. Jisoo could almost see smoke coming out of her ears.

"So when will you give your Dad a grandchild?" Jisoo asked interested but Lisa gave her no reply.

"Perhaps if you treat people nicer and if you stop having stupid thoughts that everyone is after your money, maybe you will eventually find someone who you might like."

"I didn't ask you for advice, Ma'am."

Jisoo chuckled, "You're a dumb ass and huge asshole. I feel so sorry for whoever will put up with you. I also pray your child looks nothing like you in terms of behavior.

"Don't bring my future unborn child in our fight." she clenched.

"Right??? That's if you eventually have one and not die a womanizer," Jisoo mocked.

Suddenly, a petite-sized brunette stepped up to Lisa, wrapped one of her arms around her waist possessively and shot Jisoo a polite glare.

Jisoo shook her head in disbelief. She couldn't believe Lisa had moved on as if what happened between her and Jennie meant nothing. Jennie, on the other hand was trying very hard to forget about her.

"I hope you know she will end up with you the moment you both step out of this party." she said to the brunette who was clinging to Lisa.

"Esther is not my date. She is a friend." Lisa said as she untangled Esther's arm from her. It was so obvious Esther was into her. She might be her friend but the brunette wanted to be more than that. 

Jisoo wanted to confront Lisa about her night with Jennie but she wouldn't bring the matter up in front of Lisa. For some unknown reason, Jennie doesn't want Lisa to know she's friends with Jisoo.

But Jisoo couldn't help but ask indirectly. "I saw you at Octagon club two weeks ago. I called you but i guess you didn't hear me. you were with a girl. your eyes never left hers as you guys made your way into the hotel. Is she that special?"

Lisa went still. LM towers was the hotel she uses to have fun with ladies. The last time she went there was two weeks ago with Jennie and that was the last time she had sex. she couldn't believe she has been celibate for a little over two weeks now.

What I do with my life is not your business Jisoo." she replied with gritted teeth. From her reaction, Jisoo could tell she felt the same way as Jennie. She was satisfied her best friend was not the only one suffering.

"I shouldn't be telling you this but because you're my cousin I'll tell you. A colleague of mine came with that same girl to our office part last week.  Jin said he likes her and he not only plans on making her his girlfriend but also his wife and mother of his future children. He said the girl has gone through a lot of heartbreaks and he plans on making her forget all the douche bags that broke her heart."

Jisoo smiled. She knew her mission was accomplished she saw Lisa's angry face with her clenched fists.

A/N: sorry for the very late update guys. i'll try to update every other day.