Chapter I

Jennie Kim tried to hold back her tears as the board announced her partner of the most reputable law firm in South Korea; Jentle Home and Co.

It was indeed a well-deserved position for Jennie. She aimed for this position the first time she interned as a paralegal in Jentle Home and Co. She worked her ass off, gave up everything relation to her social life and put her all in her job.

At age 29, she is the youngest and the first female to become a partner in Jentle Home and Co.

No doubt being a partner comes with a lot of responsibilities but she was a hard worker so she knew she would survive.

Apart from the responsibilities that come with her promotion, it's as if she's now one of the owners of the firm hence, there will be a great increment in her salary, doubled benefits and most importantly have her name engraved on the door of her new office. What a dream come true for Jennie!

"Thank you so much, Mr. Jinyoung, I promise not to disappoint you." She said to the president of the firm who was in his early fifties. Tall, average weight with dark hair.

"You worked for it Jennie so you deserve the position. You hardly lose a case in court and no doubt your wins have contributed to the reputation of this law firm. I wish you all the best in this phase of your career and I hope you don't disappoint us because we all look up to you now." Mr. Jinyoung said.

"You don't have to worry about anything. I will work harder than I've ever worked in this law firm." She promised.

Jennie was congratulated by other partners in the conference room, they made a toast and made small conversation in between.

As soon as Jennie was able to escape from the conference room, she ran into her office (aka old office because on Monday morning she will have to move into her new office), she reached for her iPhone in her bag and dialed her best friend, Jisoo.

"Guess what Jisooni?" Jennie said excitedly as soon as Jisoo picked up her call.

"You just got laid?" Jisoo teased which made Jennie roll her eyes. 

"What a mood spoiler! Anyways I got promoted."

"OMG!!! As Partner?????" Jisoo asked. 

"Yes, babe. Jennie Kim is now a partner in Jentle Home and Co."

"Congratulations my love. You work so hard, this is truly well deserced."

"Thank you." Jennie giggled.

"You should go out to celebrate, it's a pity I'm busy tonight. I have to complete some designs for the fashion show tomorrow."

"Don't worry, we can still hang out tomorrow after your fashion show. I will probably hang out with Kai tonight." 

"Please do, and make sure you get laid tonight, no one knows when next you will be free to hang out with us now that you're a partner."

Jennie chuckled, "You have a bad mind, Jisooni. Anyways, I will see you at my place tomorrow night."

"Alright babe, congratulations once again." Jisoo said before she ended the call.

Jennie decided to give her boyfriend, Kai a call to inform him about her promotion and that she will be pulling up at his place soon but he didn't pick up after calling him twice.

She spent the next thirty minutes off loading her drawers and other things she will need to take when moving to her new office on Monday. After that, she reached for her handbag and laptop bag and made her way out of the building into her car.

Before she started the engine, she called a restaurant to order food and dessert that will be enough for herself and Kai to celebrate.

As soon as Jennie got her apartment, she called her parents to give them the good news, then took a shower and started to prepare to leave for her boyfriend's place.