The day the world went black

A/N
Hey everyone, I know the story is not the best so far so if anyone has any ideas to make it better in any way let me know! -L

Ashlynn's POV

I felt a wave of nausea as I woke up. I felt a bandage around part of my head. I reached my hand up to feel my face

"Ashlynn?" I heard Mel's voice.

"I don't feel so good." I said. My voice sounded off. I heard her quickly get up and return with a nurse.

"Hi Ashlynn, how do you feel?" I heard a female ask.

"I'm going to throw up." I said. I took a few deep breaths. Anxiety crept into my mind.

"Here is some medication to help you feel better." She said, "the doctor will be in soon."

I felt Mel's hand gently hold mine. We stayed silent until the doctor came in.

"Hi Ashlynn, I'm Dr Ross." I head him say, "Do you remember what happened?" He asked me.

"A little bit." I said truthfully.

"You have a concision and we had to preform surgery on your eyes. You had a piece of glass in your eye. Every time you had moved tour eye it had gotten deeper." He told me. I swallowed hard.

"Can she still see?" Mel asked.

"I am not for sure. We will know in a few days if she has a little vision, but it could be weeks to see how much vision will return." He said.

"Okay." Mel said.

"I am going to change the dressing now okay?" He asked. I nodded me head. I felt him unravel the bandage.

"Okay I'm going to need you to open your eyes for a minute." He said. I opened my eyes, but I could barely see at all.

"Can you see this?" He asked me. I shook my head no.

"What about this?" He asked.

"Kinda a little bit." I said, seeing a bit of light in my right eye.

"I'll have a nurse come and check on you in a bit." He said. Mel gave my hand a little squeeze.

"You okay?" She asked me quietly. I just shrugged.

"Ashlynn, It's going to be okay. I know what happened must have been awful. I'm still going to be here for you every single step of the way."  Mel said to me. She brushed some of the hair out of my face and kissed my forehead.

"Every thing will be okay." She said. She gently hugged me. I felt a tear slip out of my right eye. They started falling faster and i sniffled. She pulled away as a nurse came in.

"Hi it's me again. Someone is here to talk to you Ashlynn. They are going to try to help you." The same nurse from earlier said. I took a deep breath when a police officer and another lady walked in.

——————
The people had asked me slot of questions and Mel stayed with my the entire time, holding my hand. I took a shaky breath when they left and cried. The nurse carefully started taking of the bandage.

"It looks like your lacrimal glad may be damaged which is why you can't cry out if your left eye." The nurse said quietly. She put a clean bandage on it and gave me more medication to help me sleep.

———————
"You ready to get out of this place?" Mel asked me. I was going to stay with her at her house. I had a new white collapsable cane. Some of my vision had returned in my right eye but the left was still nothing. I nodded my head and took a few slow steps forward. I was going to get to leave later today.

"I got you a little present." Mel said to me. She carefully pulled a little necklace out of her pocket.

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"Remember me telling you about that really bad car accident I got into? Well, someone gave me a necklace just like this one that I wear every day. It take a lot to get through something like that and you been through a whole lot." She told me. She put it around my neck and fastened it. I felt a tear slip down my face. She hugged me.

"I'm scared." I said. I looked up at her.

"I know. And it's okay to be scared." She told me. I ran my finger over it. I couldn't really see what it was.

"I know you was raised pagan, but I remember you always being so curious to learn." She told me. I knew what she was talking about but I was still really surprised.

"Thank you." I said. I wiped the tears off my cheek.

We continued to walk down the hallway as I practiced using the cane. I pushed the iv pole a little and took another small step. I saw a person walking down the hallway towards us but I couldn't tell who it was.

"Melanie!" She said.

"Oh! It's Marie." She said.

"Oh goodness I was so worried about you Ashlynn." She said. I turned my head so I could see her out of my my right eye.

"Did you drive here by yourself?" Mel asked her.

"No I rode with Rose." She said. Rose was another one of my managers. Mel and Rose was close to each other.

"Where is she at?" Mel asked.

"In the elevator. I ran up the stairs." Marie said.

"You guys are here just in time for Ashlynn to get discharged. They are finishing up paperwork." Melanie said. I heard Rose's footsteps walk down the hallway.

I heard them hug and we started to make our way back to the room. Mel held onto my arm so I didn't fall or run into everything. Marie and I talked for a while in the room while Rose and Melanie talk to the nurse outside the door.

We all left together and Rose drove us. I missed watching out the windows. I sat silently, running my fingers over the necklace Mel gave me. I heard everyone chatting about random stuff about work. I felt a rush of sadness, not knowing if I could ever go back.