Changes/ Dr. Strange | Jinhongseok | Time Travel AU

Jinho didn't feel sad about dying

Jinho didn't feel sad about dying. It was something he knew was going to happen for a while. His parents and family too were prepared for it, long numb from the initial breaking of the news. Along with having next to no friends and recently graduated, he felt as if he could slip away.

Except from Shinwon. The one thing he did feel sad about. His best friend who was currently at his hospital bedside, tightly gripping his hand.

Shinwon would not accept his fate. No matter how much Jinho persisted they had tried everything they could afford.

"Why didn't I know about this earlier?" Shinwon cried.

Maybe that was Jinho's mistake. Maybe he shouldn't have waited until the last minute.

Jinho tried smiling reassuringly at Shinwon, but it felt awkward, like there was a weight on his cheeks. "I'm sorry..."

Maybe he thought he didn't want to bother Shinwon. Maybe he wanted Shinwon to avoid any, if not as little as possible, pain. Shinwon, who had already started a new life in college and would return to by tomorrow.

Visiting hours would end and Shinwon would let go.

The light from the hall cast into Jinho's dark hospital room causing him to wake up in the middle of the night to a surprisingly young looking doctor he had never seen before enter

"Good morning! Rise and bitnari!" The doctor laughed to himself. Jinho couldn't tell if his smile was cheesy or sarcastic.

"Morning?" It felt like he had just finally fallen asleep.

"Exactly," The doctor began decisively pulling at the tubes and wires carefully taped across Jinho's arms.

"What- What are you doing? Are you supposed to be removing-"

"Oh no yeah it's fine, you're fine. I just need to move you somewhere."

"Move?" Jinho asked drowsily. "I'm fine?"

"Mmm- ok- maybe not like 'fine,' but I need you to come with me."

"Is it another test?"

"Sure."