chapter 7

*Xavier's pov*

   I pulled out my magic book, I flipped it open to a locator spell and circled my blade over the page. I started chanting and Austin took my lead. Ross just stood there bewildered by the sight of the glowing that my blade took on.

  "Hand me the necklace. I need it to finish the spell." I said and Ross handed me the necklace that belonged to his mother.

  "Xavier, we need his blood for this too." Austin whispered and I turned to Ross.

  "Can I have your hand? I just need a drop of blood." I explained he reluctantly gave me his hand.

  "He's nervous, you need him to relax or the blood won't take affect." Austin said quietly.

   "Do you trust me Ross?" I asked and he nodded looking into my eyes.

   "Yes, I trust you." He responded and I pricked his finger with a kitchen knife.

   "Now, put that finger on the necklace and we will complete the spell." I said and as he did I saw his finger spark.

   Austin looked up at me and nodded and started to chant again the whole time I waved my blade over the necklace. Ross closed his eyes and passed out falling to the floor. I stopped chanting and sat down and picked him up off the floor.

   "Austin, what are you doing?" I asked worried about Ross' safty.

   "You didn't really think I was here to help you go on a suicide mission did you? I saw the demon who took his family. He'd kill us if we were even to get close to him." Austin said looking down at me.

   "It can't be...we put him in a box! We sealed it with blood magic! Only our family could open that box!" I shouted.

   "Or the chance a demon got a sample of blood from me in a fight last week and used it to open the box." Austin replied as he sat next to us. 

    "That means he's the one who chased Ross the day I met him. It means that we are going to have to put him in the box with something stronger than blood magic. We are going to have to sacrifice ourselves if we want to keep the world safe from him." I said and my heart sank to my stomach.

   "We need to use a magic to magic spell to make sure Ross can't be hurt. We can make him a walking shield." Austin said as he flipped through my spell book.

   "You won't find anything like that in there, Austin. I haven't put any black magic in that book. You will need a much stronger spell." I said pointing at a black book on my book shelf.

   "Ok well, let's get started." Austin said looking at the book.

   "He can't be involved in any of this." I said.

..............................

Sorry for the short chapter this story is really hard for me to write this story. Its the magic that makes this hard to write. Ill update again soon