chapter 9

*Xavier's pov*

  We appeared in the cave along side the Lynch family and I motioned them to stay quiet. Riker looked up at me and shook his head. I could tell he had been crying.

  "We are getting you guys out of here." I whispered.

  "You can't he said he has Ross and if we try to escape he will kill him." Riker whispered back.

  "No, Ross is at my place waiting on us to come back with you. We just left him, he is heavily guarded with spells and charms." I whispered back.

  "Xavier, we need to do this fast. He's coming down the corridor over there." Austin said unfolding the paper in his hand.

     Protect the innocents in this place, remove them now from this space, take them to the guarded home, with Ross so they aren't alone.

  We watched as everyone vanished in bright white lights. I could feel the presence of an evil entity behind us. I turned around and saw our enemy and he was pissed.

  "Taking things that don't belong to you? That's definately not being a good witch now is it?" He snapped and threw Austin across the cave.

  "You seem to forget that they weren't yours either." Austin said getting up and smirking as he sent a blast of black smoke at the enemy trapping him on the wall.

  "What are you doing!" He screeched.

  "We are doing what we should have done years ago." I said and Austin looked at me.

  "Have you ever actually stabbed a demon with that blade of yours?" Austin questioned.

  "No, I'm curious what it will do. I mean trapping them with just a touch of the blade, if I were to stab them I might be able to absorb his powers and use them against him." I said running at the demon plunging my blade deep into his chest.

  I felt his body start to crumble as I yanked the blade from his chest. I felt powers surging through me and I also felt a darkness fill me and Austin took a step back as as the demon fell to the ground smirking.

  "The blade has control of you now. You should have listened to your father's warning about never piercing your victom." He said as I looked him in the eyes.

  "You just can't stand it that we finally took you down. It's always been us you were worried about taking you out wasn't it, Calzar?" He looked at me in disbelief.

  "You spoke my name so fearlessly." Calzar said as he started gasping for breath.

  "Yeah, because I'm not that little boy who locked you in that box seven years ago. I'm a man now and I've stood up to the demons of my past. All of them." I said and Calzar turned to dust.

  "What the hell was that?" Austin asked and I turned to face him.

  "I have no clue, but I feel different. Like I'm stronger than before." I said and threw the escape potion at our feet.

*Ross pov* *at Xaviers house*

  "I'm so glad you are all ok!" I said hugging my family.

  "Do you know what's going on? If so can you explain it to us?" Rocky asked.

  "Nobody's explaining anything," Xavier said as they appeared in the room, "we are erasing your memories of this. It's better for you all to forget about the magic you have witnessed, that includes you Ross."

  "I don't know who you are but thank you for saving our lives back there it really means a lot." Stormie Lynch said in tears.

  "It's our job to protect the innocent." Austin said as he and Xavier disappeared and their bodies that were on the bed became concious.

  "I think it's best if we don't erase Ross's memory. What if something like this happens again?" Xavier asked and Austin nodded throwing his hands toward my family chanting.

  "Ok, all done, once they wake up in the morning they won't remember a thing." Austin said and I pulled Xavier to the hallway.

  "Thank you, it really means a lot that you did this for me." I said hugging him.

  "Don't thank me, I think I screwed up, Ross. I stabbed a demon for the first time with my blade and when I did something happened to me. Oh, and let's not forget I vanquished an immortal being with it." Xavier panicked and I looked at him. I really had no Idea of what any of this meant all I knew was something seemed off about Xavier.

.............................................

Sorry for the gap in updating I finally decided where this story is headed and its getting a sequel! The title will be announced just before I finish this story!

Comment and let me know who your favorite character is and why.