chapter 6

*Ross pov*

    I drive blankly so Xavier doesnt have to meet my family just yet. I feel like he's rushing things a bit I mean we just met and he wants to meet my family. Although I did stay at his place last night. That was a mistake, and I wont be making it again.

    "Look, we need to talk." I say and Xavier turns towards me.

   "Ok what's going on?" He asks.

   "Whatever this is between us needs to slow down. A LOT. I'm not the kind of guy who would just meet a guy then stay at his house hoping to get lucky. Hell, I never really stay over night anywhere. If we are going to do this it needs to be done right." I say sternly.

   "I couldn't agree more, and that's why I slept on the couch.  I didn't want you to get the wrong idea." He replys and I pull into his driveway.

   "Well I'm going home for band practice. I'll see you around neighbor." I say as I take my phone and put my number in his phone and call myself.

   "I'll be around if you want to come over later." He says and I smile and get out of the car.

*Xavier's pov*

   I unlock my front door as Ross walks to his house next door. I watch him walk inside before entering my own home. I walk in and find a black cat with a note on his collar.

    This cat is your companion and protector for any mortals in your life. He holds tremendous powers and can sense evil before it approaches. Let this familiar help you in any way you see fit.
   -your cousin Austin
P.S. I'll be visiting soon so I'll see you....

    I hear a knock on the door. Ross probably left something. I pull open the door, and see my cousin Austin at my door.

   "Austin hey! Come on in. I was just reading your note." I say.

   "Oh good Lucky made it on his own." Austin said.

   "Can he really protect mortals?" I ask.

   "Yes, but I smell adidas moves. You were just on a date weren't you?" He questioned.

  "If you call going to a wiccan gathering at 'witches point' and getting attacked by a demon a date." I say pulling out the magic book and flip through the pages.

   "Is everyone ok?" He asks.

   "Yes granted I had to use a memory spell on Ross." I said briefly as I studied a page of the book.

   "You mean the Blonde sitting out on your portch?" He asks walking toward the door opening it.

   "What, but he just went home." I spat.

    "Hey blondie get in here!" He says and Ross walks in with a note in his hands and he's crying.

    "Ross....what's going on?" I ask running over hugging him then Austin reaches over and takes the note.

     "Hey Xavier, does he know about our heritage? If not you need to tell him because this note looks bad." Austin states and hands me the note.

    "It's just one thing after another isn't it!" I say and I hand Lucky to Ross. "Lucky don't let Ross out of your sight."

    "By the way I'm Austin. I'm Xavier's cousin." He says shaking Ross' hand.

     "Don't freak out on me Ross. I need you to trust me." I say.

    "You just told a cat to watch over me! I think you can't get any more odd than that." Ross said.

   "I'm a witch Ross. I go around vanquishing demons and finding kidnapped victims. Well any that are magical related." I say and I look at him then Austin levitates him slightly. Hope appeared on Ross' face.

    "Does this mean you can get my family back?" He asks.

    "Yes, but you need Lucky with you at all times. He can protect you he's a witch as well. If a demon comes after you he will fight them off." I say and I look at him. "We will get your family back!"

..............................

So I didn't realize what I did til a friend pointed it out that austin is Ross' screen name.  But on another note the story thickens as we will find out where the demons took his family and how long they will have to save them or if they even can