chapter 4

*Xaviers pov*

I woke up the next morning and smiled instantly when I saw ross looking at me from the brown recliner a few feet away. He seemed happy and he was in my super mario pjs. I sat up and looked at him as my vision cleared.

    "Hey, sunshine." Ross said smiling anxiously.

    "Hey, how are you feeling?" I ask as I stretched.

   "Well I'm not as sore as I was and I was hoping you would get dressed and come somewhere with me." He said as he pulled me up from the couch and kissed me once and smiled again as he blushed.

   "Sure, but you drive. I'm no good with directions." I say as I pull him to the bedroom and give him my orange v-neck and blue jeans.

    I changed my clothes and watched as Ross walked up to me and kissed me. He lead me to the car and we got in. I looked over at him as he pulled out of the drive and down the road.

   "So where are we headed?" I ask as i take in the scenery.

   "It's somewhere I think you would like a lot." Ross said as he pulled onto a back road leading to a big clearing. I suddenly realized that he was taking me to a summons. This particular one was the infamous "Witches Point".

    "Why are we here?" I ask nervously.

   "Well, you seem pretty interested in witchcraft. I'm trying to figure out why so what better place than here!" Ross exclaimed as he parked the car and got out.

    If he tries to get me to cast a spell I'll have a lot of explaining to do, I thought.

    "Well, it's a family thing. On my dads side. Something I suppose I was born into." I stated.

*Ross pov*

    Does he mean he's a witch? Or does he mean something else, I wondered as he looked at the ground almost terrified.

    "Do you mean you're a witch?" I asked jokingly and took his hand in mine.

    "Do I even answer that?" He asked when he heard the tone in my voice.

*Xaviers pov*

   We walked up to where we saw a gathering of people, wiccans to be exact, standing around an alter. Wiccans aren't neccessarily born witches they are just believers who think if they concentrate hard enough the magic will join as one with their spirt.

    "So do you believe in magic?" I asked glancing over at him before putting my arm around him.

    "I don't...no. The idea is kinda scary, thinking someone can control you with a spell or something." Ross responded and kissed my cheek.

    As we approached the people a bolt of lightening passed by my head missing me by centimeters. I pulled Ross behind a tree. I saw the terrified look in his eyes. As everyone screamed and took cover behind boulders and trees.

    "Stay here! I commanded andran out and saw a demon with grey skin and horns. It's eyes were black and it was luckily the size of a human.

   "So, we have a brave little witch!" It scoffed at me just before thrusting a lightening bolt right for me. I heard footsteps behind me and I threw my arms up and Ross was stopped in his tracks by a forcefield and the bolt was sent flying back at the demon barely leaving a mark.

   "I told you to stay put!" I said slightly panicking. Then I threw my other arm up throwing the demon through the air and it landed on the ground hard, I turned back to ross who was in utter shock.

   "Relax, I'll protect you." I reassured him then ran at the demon pulling out my blade jabbing it deep into the demon as it sucked the demons soul out of it and it's body exploded into little bursts of flames that disappeared almost instantly. I turned back to Ross and the others.

   "You're all safe," I shouted as I approached Ross and he backed away, "can we talk?"

   "Xavier, don't come any closer!" Ross shouted.