A turn of events

Midas was looking for Meowscles in the dark for hours that night. Meowscles' rocking body and excruciatingly joyful face were like an itch on his mind that he just couldn't scratch. After hours of searching in the dark, he found Meowscles at the fishing post.

"M-Meowscles?" Midas called. When Meowscles didn't answer, he walked closer and watched as he caught fish with his grenades, an unusually violent method for him, and gobbled them whole like an automated Japanese trash can. Midas knew Meowscles only fished for this delectably oily when he was in particular disarray. Meowscles turned around quickly when he heard the clink of MIdas' golden calves walking.

"Midas!" He said shocked, and half a fish in his slobbering mouth, the fish screaming in agony and pain and Meowscles smiling at the sound of it.  "What are you doing here?"

Midas contemplated his answer. "Can we talk about what just happened?" Midas awaited his answer like a prisoner on death row, except the stakes were much higher for Midas.

"There's nothing to talk about, Midas. Get some sleep" Meowscles replied hesitantly. When Midas didn't leave, he swung his head around, looked Midas directly in the eyes with bones and blood and gore trailing in his sparkly cute mouth, and hissed incessantly.

Midas ran away as though he was being hunted by a predator. He knew they had a connection even if Meowscles was too blind to see it. He ran back to Craggy Cliffs where he sat on the hill all night thinking about Meowscles' forbidden African skin and endless soulless eyes. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Midas eventually returned to the house, Skye was overjoyed, jumping about like a fly that has one broken, useless wing.

"MIDAS!" She screamed. The noise bounced on the insides of his golden cochlea and amplified to an unbearable level.

"WHAT?" He replied.

"I can't believe you would ask me to marry you! I'm over the moon."

"Skye, shut the fuck up you troll when in my whole life have I ever said that?"

"You slid this note under the door last night?"

Skye passed Midas a torn up piece of lined paper that had a just small bit of fish slobber on the edge of it. It read, "Skye, will you marry me? Definitely from Midas."

Midas snarled like a Cheshire cat and played along because his heart was just broken into a thousand tiny fragments.

"Sure, yeah. I wrote that." He said.

Skye jumped for joy and sang a folklore song.

"Skye shut that garbage disposal you call a mouth and make me breakfast."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the day of the wedding. Midas looked at himself in the mirror and blew some dust that had collected on his golden collarbone. He was about to put on his suit for the wedding and thought about Meowscles.

"This was meant for you." He said, sadder than the Yemen sweatshop children. Skye entered the house abruptly.

"Oh gosh! You're not meant to see the bride until the ceremony."

"Ugh I don't care Skye I already know you look like a fatty like normal."

Skye remained with a smile wider than the grand canyon and tried to help Midas put on his suit. In response, Midas turned around and snapped Skye's pointer finger like a twig. How DARE anyone touch this bod except Meowscles. Skye, now screaming in immense and utterly unbearable amounts of pain, told Midas she loved him and grabbed some bandages from the counter. 

"I'll see you at the ceremony, Hunny!"

Midas, staring at his reflection, was confused about how his life got to that point. He longed for Meowscles with every aching inch of his soul and how he strutted around the town with his abdominals and pectorals harder than diamonds. His constant arousal of the seaside landscape was a constant trigger for Midas but he had to deal with it. It was the biggest obstacle he had faced since 9/11.

He walked down to the alter with a heavy heart and nothing but sorrow within.