Debate 109

Int. Study Room F. (Day 1)

Jeff, Britta, Annie, Shirley, Max, Alice, and Pierce are there. Pierce is telling the longest joke ever. Meanwhile the Baker sisters sit there with their head in their hands looking bored.

Pierce: So then the guy says to the housekeeper, "make sure she's dead." Stop me if you've heard this one before.

Jeff: Would have been nice to have that option 27 minutes ago.

Pierce (cont'd): The housekeeper says to the guy, "we don't have a pool."

Pierce laughs to himself for a second. Everyone still looks bored.

Pierce (cont'd): And the guy says..

The older man is interrupted by the sound of the speaker going on. Over the P.A. The Dean starts to speak.

Dean Pelton (On P.A.): Good morning, Greendale! Just a reminder, our debate team will bring home the championship tomorrow versus city college.

Annie perks up and looks proud of herself as she is wearing a Greendale debate team shirt.

Dean Pelton (cont'd): Go Human Beings!

Pierce sighs and rolls his eyes.

Pierce: Great. Now I have to start the whole joke over again.

He takes a breath, ready to start, but Britta slams her hands on the table and shoots a glare at the man.

Britta: No, I've got one for you! A doddering old fool walks into a bar, tells a stupid joke, and I crush his windpipe with my three-ring binder.

Everyone sits quietly and looks at her for a moment. Shirley lets out a small laugh of courtesy. Max and Alice shoot each other worried glances.

Shirley: I don't get it.

Max: Britta quit smoking.

Shirley's eyes widened, smiling she nodded. Britta glared and leaned closer to Max.

Britta: Don't tell them my business, or I will slap those big brown puppy dog eyes right off your face.

Max looked scared as she shrunk away from the angry blonde.

Alice: Woah, calm down Cujo.

Jeff nods and looks over to Britta.

Jeff: Britta, I'm saying this because I care about you and you're my friend, but mostly because I prefer Max alive. You need to start smoking again.

The rest of them nod in agreement. Oh Yeah. Absolutely. I really think you should. They say it helps you lose weight. Britta rolls her eyes, leaning back in her seat she crosses her arms.

Britta: Guys, I appreciate your support, but I really have to quit this time.

Pierce: Have you thought about hypnotherapy?

Max laughs a little.

Max: Oh, that gives me  flashbacks.

Jeff: You had a traumatic event involving hypnotherapy?

Max: No, but I did date a amateur hypnotist performer. When I broke up with him he tried to hypnotize me to stay. I don't think he knew how hypnosis works. Anyway, when that didn't work he stole my savings.

The group looked at her oddly. They weren't sure what was more odd, her story or the fact that she said it with a smile.

Pierce: Anyways, I know a dynamite hypnotherapist.