Ch.1: His Angel.

Song: Play Me Like a Violin - Stephen.

It was a long fucking week.

Detective Laws sighs as he stops at the traffic light. He has been working non-stop all night on the serial murderer's case. The media decided to name this killer 'The Taxidermist' since they stuff their victims and exhibits them in public places. In the last six months, around thirty people disappeared which half of them were found dead.

Detective Shawn Laws was part of the team who investigated this case, and so far, they hadn't found any leads.

It was 7 a.m. and Shawn hadn't sleep in two days. The recent victim was found a week ago and she was an 8 years-old girl who disappeared a month ago. The whole city was disgusted and the police station was working harder than before. Shawn was stressed but he really wanted to take this psychopath off the streets, however, his lieutenant decided to send him home.

Parking to the side of his apartment complex, he exits his car closing the door behind him. After entering the building he looks around the lobby while walking towards the elevator. He greets the old manager sitting behind the desk and then goes inside the elevator.

Pressing the "6" button he leans on the lift's wall while trying to take his mind off the dirty murderer.

When he arrives to his floor he leaves the elevator and walks towards the halls to his place but when he takes his eye off the floor, he sees the figure of a woman sitting on the window taking a picture with her cellphone of the lovebird that was sitting down on her knee, posing proudly at the smiling woman.

Nevertheless, this wasn't any woman... no, she was (L/n) (Y/n). The most beautiful woman that he has ever met on his life and the only woman that he was over the heels with. Forgetting all the stress he felt before, he walks towards the (h/c) haired lady.

Hearing the steps coming to her, she turns her face to the side to see the tired-looking detective walking with a little smile in his lips.

"Good morning, Shawn" she said with a gentle smile.

The detective stands next to the female and replies "Morning, (Y/n)"

The bird chirps.

"And good morning to you, Mango"

The female laughs lightly and pets the head of the bird "Mango appreciates that, he loves getting a little of attention"

Shawn smiles at the lovely view in front of him "What are you two doing here this early?"

The woman's smile slowly drops down while looking at the bird "O-Oh, nothing much. We decided to take a little bit of... fresh air and I took this opportunity to take some pictures of my dear Mango in the morning light"

The man sighs "Fresh air? Here inside by the window? If you wanted to take fresh air you would go to the park, you love that place"

"I didn't feel like going to the park" she muttered.

"You didn't feel or you couldn't? You are still on your pajamas" the detective points out at her baggy pants and her tank top "Besides you have no shoes on, your hair is a mess and-"

"Okay, okay. You got me, detective" she laughs bitterly "You are too good at this"

"You are a terrible liar" he says while crossing his arms "What happened?"

The girl looks at her phone avoiding the detective's face "Bernie is having a hangover and he told me that he didn't want to deal with my shit" feeling the female's distress, the bird started rubbing his little face in his owner's hand.