Ch.8: I love you.

Song: Crazy - Gnarls Barkley.

The next morning they were awake and enjoying the sound of the rain in the almost silent room, Shawn was caressing her back gently and had his eyes closed as she heard the sounds of his heartbeats.

“Shawn” she gently speaks.

“Yes?” he speaks with his raspy, morning voice.

“How did you get this scar?” she traces the scar that’s on his shoulder.

“A criminal with a knife” he mutters.

“And this one?” she circles other scar with her finger.

“A criminal with a gun”

“All yours scars are from criminals?” she caresses the scar on his jaw.

“Most of them”

“And what are the ones that weren’t from criminals?”

He smiles “If you find them I’ll tell you what happened”

She giggles “You want me to touch you all over your body to find those scars”

He opens his eyes to look at her “I wouldn’t mind that”

She laughs and looks at his eyes  “I have to leave” she mutters.

“Don’t” he hugs her tightly.

She giggles and kisses him “I need clothes”

“You can use mine, after all you did it yesterday” he points at the discarded shirt on the floor.

She sits on his abdomen and Shawn admires how the day’s light shines on her naked body “I have to go to the cybercafé to check my e-mails, I’m pretty sure that some students had send their assignment so I can review it”

“You can do that on my laptop and I can make you coffee if you want” he grabs her hands.

“You’re so sweet” she takes his hands and kisses his knuckles “But that’s not all, you see… I need my pills”

“Pills?” he sits while caressing her arms.

“Yes” she looks to the side “My antidepressants”

“Oh, I understand” he kisses her forehead “Alright, you can go”

She gets up and starts dressing herself up “It’ll be a second, you can make the coffee meanwhile”

“Don’t forget your laptop”

“Right… my laptop… it’s on the oven and I don’t really want to see the damage… Can you come with me and take it?”

He smiles at her “Okay” he gets up and starts dressing himself. He couldn’t help but look at her as she puts her clothes on. She was like the reincarnation of a Goddess he noted that she has many scars on her back so slowly, he walked towards her and hugs her from behind.

“How did you get this scar?” he mutters on her ear while tracing a scar on her upper back.

She stands still for a second and then sighs “I don’t remember what happened…” she grabs his hands “My parents… they were fanatic religious and every time I did something ‘Sinful’ they would whip me until they thought that I got enough” she turns around to face him “So, I can’t tell you exactly why did I get that scar because I don’t remember what I did wrong”