You are Going to Have a Great Time

"Hey Eddie... Eddie... Diaz!"   Hen had to scream to get the boy out of the trance or whatever was happening  to him while looking at a letter distractedly that's in his hand.

"Huh? What did you say? "    He closed the letter and turned his attention to her.

"I've been calling you for a while and you seem to be out of orbit, are you okay? ."      Hen's gaze was one of concern. She had known Diaz long enough to know something was going on. He was always the kind of hiding emotions, but nothing went unnoticed by Henrietta Wilson.

"Yes, it's all right. I'm just a little worried about Christopher. "    As much as Eddie accepted the idea of his son staying two weeks in a camp, it was still a little scary, not because Christopher had cerebral palsy. He knew that his son was smart and could manage on his own while he was away from him, but they had lost Shannon recently and he was feeling very alone.

"Yes buddy, I'm also really missing him, but I'm sure he's fine and will be back in a few days."     Buck said sitting next to the boy.     "And what is written on that letter? Is it a little letter from some secret admirer?"

The boy took the piece of paper from Eddie's hand before he even had any reaction.

Buck opened the letter and read aloud: "You are going to have a Great Time. Love, Christopher."

"He gave it to me before he got on the bus"     Eddie took the letter back from Buck's hand and put it in his left pocket in the back of his pants.

"yes, it looks like he wants you to have some time just for you to relax a little bit. He's an amazing kid."     Chimney lifted up his cup of coffee and waved to Eddie by blinking.

Christopher has always had a huge admiration for his father and he sees him as his hero. He always loved his mother unconditionally too, but Eddie ended up becoming the structure of everything in his life and that was something really beautiful to see.

"I think he's absolutely right, you need to relax a little Diaz, you've been very agitated and I don't want to have to suspend you for almost killing a person in a wrestling match again."     Bobby said while preparing a delicious lunch, which, by the way, smelled great.

"Got it cap."     Eddie made a gesture of reverence and gave a half-dull smile.

"Okay so... you and me, beer and a lot of beating in the video game tomorrow night at my home, what do you say?"     Buck suggested with a little excitement.

"I don't know, man, I don't think I'm in the mood."     Eddie bowed his head and stared at the ground.

He was really going through a lot of problems internally, his wife died, his parents wanting to take Christopher away from him and the lack of not being able to vent all this, it was something that was consuming him every day and anyone could see the tiredness that was the sample on his face. He had Buck who was his best friend, but for him it wasn't fair to spend the boy's time with his personal problems, Buck already had his own ghosts.

"Oh come on Eddie, it's going to be fun, Chris would like to see you having a little fun and besides I'm a great opponent in Street Fighter, you know that."     Buck winked at him and staged a fight blow.

"No, you are not. "     Everyone said it almost at the same time.

"Oh, come on! "     Buck snorted.

"Okay I will."     Eddie said at last.

     —-————/////——————/////—————

Buck was finishing taking a shower when he heard the bell ring, and ring several times in a row and then he curled up in the towel and ran down the stairs causing it to almost slip.