𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 10

Tella was the first to wake up, and she stretched moving to the other side to see Jacks still asleep. She didn't even know if she could trust him while he slept. She had an intrusive thought theorising if he was even asleep the first time she slipped out of his room.

This had to be her last day of travel on this boat. She still had no clue about this island she's never heard of, but she was dying to be on land. After surviving so much time in a room with Jacks she thought she earned it to finally walk on land again.

With the idea of that achievement in mind, she believed it deserved a celebration. So she threw her pillow into Jacks's face.

Inhaling sharply he removed the pillow from his face and rested it on his chest. "Good morning, love."

"Hang on give it back, I need to do it again."

His smile was sharp as a knife as he threw the pillow back with lighting speed. She barely dodged, half her face getting smothered, "not fair."

He opened one eye, looking like he was ready to sleep for a few more minutes, "you sure you don't want to sleep a little longer. I doubt once we get there you won't dare to even waver."

"Why?"

"You'll see."

She quirked her head, "you said it was like a paradise island."

"Well, I didn't exactly lie. Paradise is an illusion, a trick."

"You lied."

"I didn't tell the whole truth."

She threw her pillow at him once again.

He seemed serious now, "I didn't tell you because two weeks of stressing about it didn't seem worth it. You also would've been jumping to the worse outcomes possible." Tella just gave him her resting annoyed face. "And now that you know that, I need you to promise me that you'll stay by my side at all times."

"Why? Is there pirates?" She smirked, well knowing she was gesturing to the book.

"Try the homes of all the monsters we immortals created for the fun of it. I'm curious did you read that book yet. The one involving a deal with the monster? Mermaids that sang sailors to their death as a sacrifice to the monster to keep them young? That story isn't far from the truth, the illusion of the isle Morgenstern is trickery to bait the monsters next meal. I know the island isn't what it used to be. It used to be like the story where it was just carnage, monsters just looking for a quick snatch and eat. Now it's like... a town, but if you fall for the wrong trap your good as dead." He shrugged, "or other unpleasant options."

She didn't even get halfway to that book yet. But she understood what Jacks meant by running to conclusions. Her child, her baby girl, set sail to an island full of monster. She felt stiff, what if it's so bad it's a miracle itself the bodies were found? What if her poor girl was tortured like Tella always feared?

She felt that panic rising again, the peaceful days of not suffering is gone. She'd spent all this time with her worries forgotten and distant like a dream.  Now it was back and she could feel her chest inclosing, the uncontrollable tears and panic arising.

"Donatella," Jacks sounded panicked himself, for a second. He sat up making himself face her as she stared at the sheets, feeling herself hyperventilate. He held her cheeks caressing them gently with his thumbs.

She knew what he was doing, she could feel the shift of her emotions, moving from a panic attack to calm and steady along with her heartbeat. She felt like she needed to tell him to stop that he had no right. But she needed him to do it because it was too much. It was all too much. She was sick of even wishing him to just control her emotions.

She remembers fearing him controlling her emotions, as she so clearly lived by them every moment of her life. But shamefully she wanted him too, she was so tired and empty from feeling the pain she had to feel day by day, she just wanted it to be done with.

"Don't assume the worse," he spoke clearly and firmly. "This is your daughter we're talking about. And before you ask, of course I know, we both know the power she held. If I so clearly believed she died on this island I wouldn't have brought you here, do you understand that? The island isn't certain death, there are still humans that live there. Otherwise how else do you expect I got the letter."

"The letter," She whispered. And she hated herself, how did she spend two weeks without demanding for it, "Where is it?" She spoke clearer now.

Jacks didn't waver, "Perhaps you'll want to read it after we leave the island."

"I want to see it now."

"Donate-"

"Don't deny me this!" She yelled. "Don't deny me the last piece of my daughter before she- she." Jacks power kicked into her emotions again before she could feel herself breaking down.

"I'm sorry, love. But I don't have it. I left it behind."

Rage filled her and she threw herself at him. "You're lying! Where is it!"

He easily caught her wrist and flipped her over so now he was on top of her, she still twisted and probably looked like a feral animal.

"I understand you're desperate. But I didn't bring it because I knew this is how you would react. Just wait a little while longer."

She stopped herself, but let herself snarl as she said, "you don't get to control what I get to do and what I get to see."

"I know, but just this one time. This is for you, just let me do this."

"You don't understand," she whimpered. "I don't have anything of hers, I left it all behind because I couldn't bear to face it."

"I understand... more then you know." his tone was soft, "but I can't magically summon it here. I give you my word, that no matter the outcome, I'll give it to you."

"Finding the truth of her death is all I have left, Jacks."

And she couldn't figure out why, but after that, there were unspoken words between them. As if something was weighing heavy on his tongue and he wouldn't say it.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Posted: 30/October/2020

If you enjoyed this ❤️ Voting on it would mean so much to me.

👑 I'm just so happy you're reading my story, thank you.