𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 19

Something snapped in Tella. Not an emotional snap. But a real snap. She hadn't paid attention to the object she accidentally knocked over when she tried to leave the room. Now a strange herb scent floated around the room as she breathed it in. Her lungs felt like they were surging for breath, her brain ached. For a split second her vision blurred to nothing.

She dashed to leave the room, immediately shrugging off Jacks light grip when he tried to reach out for her.

In a struggle, she fast-walked around. Unlike before where the crew watched her like bugs to a light, now they acted like she was a ghost. Completely oblivious to her, ready to walk right through.

She somehow found her way back to her room, then she had to remind herself that it isn't even hers.

She looked at the lock, there was no way she could lock it, she didn't have a key. Why did I want to lock it again?

Her mind drifted, thoughts like broken glass. Now all that was on her mind was that she can't lock the door. That she can't lock herself away from the body of two fates dead or alive.

I could never escape the ship. I can't protect myself. I could never protect myself.

In her delirium, she pushed herself against the door and sank to the ground as if her weight was enough to keep it shut no matter what.

She didn't realise how much she was sweating, or how she felt like she could barely breathe.

She looked around the room as dark splotches clouded her vision. Her panicking heavy breathing revealed tears. Begging the confusing visuals to leave her alone, as dark shadows morphed into different images of desiring death, it drilled into her head until it was alluring.

One image had a floating figure, that was descending, down and down. The hair floating around the body as dark swirls surrounded them.

Deep down she knew that pathway was accessible. A gasp of success rocked her lungs as recreating that image was all she could think about.

Tripping on her skirts, somehow stepping on her finger as she stood up. Running to leave the room as everything became a dark blue, her area getting darker and darker like she was about faint, her feet nearly giving her away. All she could see was her beautiful future, everything else was a blur.

She ran to where the steering wheel was, running past Aaron, not even noticing his shocked face as he viewed her wild one. She looked at the ocean, the showcase of waves being broken off because of the boat.

A devilish smile plastered across her face. "You're coming with me." A voice that wasn't her own clawed out of her mouth. It was so familiar, but her mind wouldn't let it think about it further.

"Mam?" She didn't listen to Aaron's worried attempt to talk to her.

Tella stood on the wooden fencing as she felt the strong wind blow her blonde curls free. Free as she'll be. She fell forward.

"Donatella!" A panicking voice yelled for her.

She heard that the darkness now, it was so loud even underwater. It let her feel that she lost her last hope.

The ocean was cold. Not as cold as Jacks. But it was cold. Her hair floated around her, as she was about to let herself slowly descend deeper into the ocean.

That same strange voice wanted to speak again, it tried to say the word 'there, better?' She could even feel the cackle in her head as she opened her mouth to say the words and water flooded her lungs.

It was excruciating, the feeling of burning lungs and being able to do nothing, slow descent into a horrid death. This wasn't the desire she was promised. But her limbs wouldn't move.

She felt the pressure of arms being wrapped around her. With the shock of the cold, she felt her logic return slightly as she held onto the arms around her for dear life, feeling herself fading away.

I'm going to die, her thoughts finally processed. She didn't think that was possible. Even if she was immortal still, she'd sink and then wake up, drown again and then wake up, never being able to swim back to the surface.

She felt the sun on her face, when her vision faded she felt her face break away from the water.

-
She broke out of sleep at one point, her head pounding, it felt like her brain was being pulled apart. Her eyes were blurry from sleep. She saw a male figure with blonde hair at the end of the bed holding a jar. His back faced her but she saw the jar, but couldn't process what it was.
-

She knew she woke up at night. Feeling drowsy and sluggish she squinted at the candle on the bedside table.

Just trying to sit up made her want to immediately lay back down.

"Hey," a voice gently said beside her.

She laid back down, her whole body feeling numb with pins and needles. The headache was gone at least, she wasn't sure how she knew but it didn't go naturally.

She slightly turned her head. Jacks was sitting up on the bed, his silver-blue eyes glazed with worry. "How do you feel up here." He pointed to his head.

She took a second to process his words. Her tongue heavy, "It's... okay." She gulped, "I'm so thirsty."

He leaned over on his side of the bed, grabbing a glass of water. She slowly sat up and she felt his fingers gently press against the side of her shoulder.

He probably would've been pleased to be the one to lift the glass to her lips, but she took it from his fingers with both hands as she drank it until it was all gone.

her memories were all fuzzy. She only clearly remembered being in that room where the Undead Queen was left.

He brushed back curls from her face she didn't care to push back herself.

"What happened," she could barely say.

A dark expression took over Jacks face. "I'll explain that later. Just focus on feeling better first."

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Posted: 19/February/2021

If you enjoyed this ❤️ Voting on it would mean so much to me.

👑 I'm just so happy you're reading my story, thank you.